Monday, April 03, 2006

The Birthday Party

Dylan and his friends about to eat cake! (Note to self - Sugar high may not be the best idea right before bedtime)Dylan and his friends at the park
The favorite activity of the party - The Tree


Dylan had his birthday party with his friends this last weekend. Six of his friends came over on Friday about 5 and left around 11 on Saturday morning. They had a blast! First, they ate pizza and then they played outside for a little bit (and a few boys stepped in dog mess in the backyard - yuck!). We then all went to see Ice Age 2. Quick rant about Ice Age - why do they include bad words in films that are marketed towards children? It was a cute movie but they had to stick a few words in there that I do not want my kids to add to their vocabulary. Why? Guess we won't be buying this one on DVD. After the movie, we came home and ate cake and opened presents. They then played and played. We tried to keep the noise level down, but they are boys and they cannot help themselves! Bedtime was midnight! They were up bright and early the next morning. They had donuts for breakfast (healthy eating all around). We played at the park for a while and the rest of the time the boys worked at removing a dead tree from our front yard. No, we did not make them work, they wanted to - it was a challenge for them. They were so proud when they got it out! They had a great time!

3 comments:

Amy C said...

Too cute. I have never looked at your blog. I forget you can click on the person's name. Now I will add you to my favorites. Amy

Amy C said...

I skimmed your blog. Very cute. I love the pictures. I am going to have to get better about putting pictures. The kids love to see themselves. Amy

tamandscott said...

It sounds like they had a ton of fun!