Saturday, April 08, 2006

My Job Description

I have been thinking a lot lately about what I want to teach my boys. There are some things that are so important to me that I really want my boys to learn. I thought I would put them all in one post, but then I realized how VEEERY LOOOONG that post would be, so I decided to post them as they are on my heart. Right now, I am thinking about how I want my boys to learn to reach out to others and to help take care of those in need. I have been quoting the scripture to Mark about how we are commanded to take care of widows and orphans. My oh so subtle (not really) attempt to open his heart to the possibility of adopting a girl in the future (yes, I am aware that we have 4 children - what is one more?). I really started thinking about this verse and I have realized that I am not doing this. Mark and I have been talking about finding a widow who is in need and helping her to meet her needs. We want to get involved in her life and get our boys involved in her life. We have started the quest to find a widow who is in need. We are also talking about finding a way to help orphans. Do we want to provide financial support to an orphanage in another country or do we want to find a way to help a local facility. Christ's Haven is right down the street and was the placing agency for my own adoption. I know someone who works there, so I will probably start there. We will see where all of this takes us. Hopefully we will bless others and be blessed ourselves.

2 comments:

Amy C said...

How did you get your picture to show up when you leave a comment on someone's blog? I have tried and tried to figure that one out.

tamandscott said...

Good luck talking Mark into that one. I know your boys would love it, though! I worked at a children's home in Abilene (Henderick), and I loved it! God will bless your family for your sweet spirits and hearts.