Friday, April 14, 2006

Adventure Boy has Disappeared


Mark, Chase, and Dylan are camping at the deer lease through Saturday so I thought it would be a perfect time to have a special day with Cade. I hired a babysitter and Cade and I went to Six Flags. I would love to post some pictures from our day, but Mark has the camera. These glimpses of Cade's personality will have to do.

In the past, Cade has been our adventure boy. He has ridden on the Judge Roy Scream and other rides because he wanted to ride on them. Out of nowhere, he has developed a sense of fear. No longer does he want to ride anything more frightening than the teacups! Where has my adventure boy gone? He was scared to ride the antique cars (that might have to do with the fact that he fell out of one last time). He finally rode in the car but he would not even try to drive. He wanted to ride the Conquistador (he has ridden this before) until it was time to actually get on the ride - he started screaming. He wanted to ride the Sombrero (another one he has ridden before) until it was time to get on the ride - once again, screaming. You get the idea! I could have brought Nate with me and saved the babysitting money! Cade had fun, that is what counts! I just miss my adventure boy. I love roller coasters and I need a good roller coaster buddy. I hope adventure boy returns soon.

Cade really enjoyed seeing Bugs Bunny and all of the Looney Tunes characters. He had his picture made with Bugs Bunny twice. I would have bought one but they are $10.99!!!! I will just keep the picture in my head. $10.99!!! Cade especially liked seeing Flash, the Green Lantern, and Wonder Woman (you should have seen the teenage boys taking pictures with Wonder Woman). We saw them once and he asked to go back to see Wonder Woman (he is a boy!) The super heroes were a bit too real for him. Even though he wanted to see them, he only wanted to see them from behind my legs.

Cade also won a prize! There are games that they let the kids play till they win. Cade popped the balloon with the dart the first time! I let him play again so that he could upgrade his prize to a Bugs Bunny pillow. Guess what he is sleeping with tonight?

All in all, a very good day for Cade. He had a great time and I really enjoyed spending time with my sweet boy. He was an angel and held my hand the entire day. He melts my heart at times. He truly is my joy! Now if I could just get his sense of adventure back!

3 comments:

tamandscott said...

What a fun day for sweet Cade. Bryce just developed huge sense of fear...he got it from school (monsters, etc). Something tells me that Brayden won't be afraid of anything!

Danielle said...

I'm so glad I ran into you today! Now we can keep up through blogs also... but we really need to get together soon! I love all of your posts, it was fun catching up on your beautiful family. Our blog is davidedwardkelly.blogspot.com. check it out when you get a chance. Talk soon!

Anonymous said...

I'm telling you...I'M your roller coaster buddy. I wish I could've tagged along & you know I get a kick out of wearing those cool baby pouches...Nate and I would've had a blast! But...I know...there's the Amarillo factor. Maybe we can go to Wonderland park when you come visit!!! Ha! Totally kidding...no, thanks.