Thursday, April 13, 2006

Too Fast

Nate at 7 months! His favorite new activity
We are mobile

Nate just a few minutes old
I am blinking and my boys are growing up right before my eyes! How can Nate already be 7 months old (okay, he is almost 8 months old but I am still trying to live in denial). I have been so sad lately that this is my last sweet, sweet baby. The moments are passing way too quickly. Never again will I feel the wonderful kicks, jabs and flutters in my tummy that let me know that a miracle was taking place and, for that instance, my little miracle was alive and kicking. Never again will I know the sweet dependence of a newborn. Never again will I get to watch as my baby's personality develops and begins to show. The moments of a child sitting quietly in my lap are almost gone. Nate is already super busy. He likes to be held, but he wants to look all around. He has learned how to get around and now he knows that he can get to things that he wants. He loves to crawl to his toy basket and pull down on it and peer inside to see all of his goodies. It is so cute! He has started to have some separation anxiety. I love that he WANTS me! I know that the day will come when he will want nothing to do with me so I am soaking it all up now. He is the sweetest baby and I love him so much. He is definitely worth all of the heartache that we went through. He really is our gift from God.

2 comments:

tamandscott said...

I can't believe he's crawling. I just want to squeeze him!

Anonymous said...

Where in the world are my pictures of that adorable Nate?????????