Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Pokemon Nirvana

Camp had a silent auction in order to raise money. One of the items offered was a Pokemon collection. Dylan saw it and badly wanted to bid on it. I was on a hike, but I was told by several people that Dylan and another little boy were discussing (heatedly) who needed the cards the most. The other little boy's mother placed a bid. A few minutes before the auction time was up, I placed a bid. The other boy was there with his mother watching the prize. We bid back and forth a few times until his mom said "no more". Begging and pleading was next. Dylan offered to share some of the loot with the boy. A deal was made. At the last minute, a girl (around 7 or 8) came up and wrote down a $100 bid!!!!! I asked her if her mom knew she was doing that and she said, "yes". I doubted it. I knew there was no way that I was going to beat that bid!!!!! I told the boys that we would have to wait and see. The drama!! The boys were asking me every few minutes if I knew yet! The other boy was asking. The next morning, we found out that we had won!!! The boys were so excited about their loot. The other boy, whose name is Wrigley Field - I kid you not, was excited too. He paid money for some of the loot. The loot negotiation was hysterical!! Everyone was finally satisfied and Dylan and Wrigley ended up playing a lot together.

Here are some pictures of them enjoying the loot.




Dylan and Wrigley
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Wrigley Field, huh?

That sounds fun! The things that boys get excited about.

See-Dub said...

It's cool that the boys could divide up the loot and still be smiling at the end of negotiations!