Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Coming Home

Traveling with 4 boys can be challenging. Sometimes, it is a breeze and other times it is a tornado. Coming home on Saturday was a tornado. It made the trip to Arizona feel like a piece of cake. Nate had eaten A LOT of salad on Friday night. On Saturday, he had a lot of diarrhea. I don't know if he had a bug or if he did not do well with the salad. The end result was the same - not fun for traveling. On the first leg of the trip, he had diarrhea. I could not change him because of the timing so he had to stay in it until we landed. It got on his clothes and all his extra clothes were in his checked bag. We had to change planes in Albuquerque so we head towards the bathroom as soon as we are off the plane. I can tell that Nate is going to throw up so I lean him over a trash can just in time. Dylan was so impressed that I could tell that he was going to throw up. I don't know if he had a bug or if the bumpy flight got to him. After that, I made it to the bathroom and changed his diaper. He has super sensitive skin so a day of diarrhea had done a number on him. He SCREAMED BLOODY MURDER. After I came out of the bathroom, Chase and Dylan wanted to know what I was doing to Nate because they could hear all the screaming. Next step was to buy Nate a shirt since he had poop all over his clothes. This took all of 2 minutes, but Nate crashed in my arms. He was out so I just put him down. He slept the entire layover time (2 1/2 hours). I changed him into his new shirt on the plane and Nate started begging for water and fish (goldfish) so I gave him a little. Can anyone guess where this is going? Yes, Nate threw up all over me during the flight. Lovely!! Luckily, since I had just given him water and fish the throw up was not of the smelliest variety. I was so glad to land in Dallas! We finally made it home at 11:30 that night. We had left Phoenix at 3 in the afternoon. We were tired! I had to fly to Corpus Christi the next day for work so Mark stayed at home with the boys. Since we did not know if Nate had a bug or not, they stayed home from church and were just lazy all day. I know they were just lazy because when I came home at 11 that night lunch was still on the table!! They were worn out!

Even though the trip was very challenging, I am so glad that we went. If you don't do things because they are hard then you miss out on the fun, and we had tons of fun in Phoenix. Sometimes you just have to face the challenges one step at a time and keep in mind that you will survive it!

Here is Nate crashed at the airport! Notice his lovely rash that he has had for weeks. It is not contagious but it looks awful. It is finally almost gone.

The 3 older boys were the best travelers, both trips!!!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

tamandscott said...

OMG--I would have jumped out the window of the moving plane. Congrats on surviving that one. I hope Nate is feeling better!

PB said...

WOW! What a day! You are super mom for sure. Did you ever think when you were young that you'd have a day like that? I hope little Nate is well now.