Thursday, June 21, 2007

Moral of the Story

I was not able to put up a Father's Day post because I was so busy packing and finishing up a few work projects on Sunday. There was no time to blog!

Those of you who know Mark know that he truly is a wonderful father. He is very involved in the boys' lives. He plays with them and enjoys being with them. When he makes a mistake, he is quick to admit it and apologize to them. That is something that I am horrible about so I am glad that they are learning this skill from one parent :-) Mark often has the 4 boys all by himself while I work. I never have to worry about them because I know Mark is taking care of them. He never dreamed that he would have 4 kids, but he feels blessed to have every single one of them. I love him more every time I see him loving on our boys. He truly is a fantastic father!

Cade was going nuts on Sunday so I made him lay down with Daddy for a little bit. He snuggled up to Mark and went to sleep. So sweet!

On Sunday, I had scheduled an 8:05 p.m. departure to go to Phoenix. The plane was delayed until about 9:30 p.m. Picture holding heavy carry-on bags along with a heavy, wiggling, protesting boy!!! I was exhausted by the time we finally set down on the plane. Nate entered the past bedtime, slap-happy, wiggly boy phase. Imagine sitting next to a working jackhammer and you can get an idea about how enjoyable the first leg of the flight was. Sit down to buckle, stand up out of buckle, look out the window, crawl in my lap, stand up to say "hi" to the strangers behind us, put down the tray, put up the tray, put down the tray, put up the tray, stand on the tray and say "hi" to my brothers, spill my very thirsty mommy's water, protest loudly whenever Mommy tried to correct my behavior. Exhausting!! The second leg of the trip was so much better. After loud protesting (I know the other passengers were loving me), Nate fell asleep. The joy of holding my sweet, sleeping baby made me forget about the first leg of the trip (mostly). Sweet sleeping baby. We arrived in Phoenix around 12:30 a.m. Texas time. I was so glad to see Brad! Moral of the story - evening flight times are not the best option for Nate!!!!!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Mark really is a great father!

Sorry about the craziness on your flight. I can't remember- was this work or pleasure?

Jenna said...

This trip is just for fun. We are visiting Mark's sister and brother-in-law along with my 3 nephews.