Monday, May 07, 2007

Megann

Sometimes it is difficult to understand why certain things happen. I have often struggled with the injustice in the world. I am struggling with it now. Why did Megann die? She was so young and so amazing. She had numerous friends because she was such a wonderful friend. She always wanted to know how you were doing and what was going on in your life. She was mindful of others' feelings, even when she was doing battle with cancer. She had an excellent sense of humor and I can still hear her laughter in my head. It was the best laugh. She was a worker who knew how to organize things and how to get things done. She was the kind of person who put a chandelier in her bathroom. She loved God, she loved Jon, she loved her family, and she loved her friends. She knew the blessings in her life and she savored them. I remember when the cancer first came back she was talking about sitting on the couch with her husband and how she did not want to leave him. She loved him so much. She has blessed my life in ways that she can never know, or maybe she does know now. She was feisty and she fought this cancer with all of her might. Even though she was scared, she never lost her optimistic spirit. Most impressively, I never heard her question God. She really did not want to reveal a lot about her condition because she did not want people's pity. She blessed so many people's lives. I am sorry that she never was able to be the mother that she desired to be - she would have been an amazing mother. I am sorry that she will not be able to go on the summer trips that she had planned to go on with Jon. I am very sad that I will never see her again in this lifetime. Bunco will not be the same without her. She is loved, and missed by so many people.

Megann made me want to be a better person with her life and she continues to make me want to be a better person even after her death. Her death reminds me of the things that are truly important. We should live our life with no regrets and to God's glory. Her death makes me want to make changes in my own life. Her life was too short, yet she influenced so many people and taught so many people about faith. She makes me want to be like that. No one knows how much time they will be given on this earth. Even those who live a brief amount of time can have a tremendous impact on others. We should realize that our lives do influence others' lives. I know that the miscarriages that I had were devastating to me. Even their brief lives had a tremendous impact on me and on others in my life. Their tiny and brief heartbeats changed me for the better forever. I don't regret their brief lives. I don't regret knowing and loving Megann because even though her death is painful, she has had such an impact on my life - and on so many others' lives. I am so glad that I knew her. I am so sorry that she is gone. I rejoice that she is in Heaven. I hope she is holding my babies.

6 comments:

tamandscott said...

I laughed when I read the part about you remembering her laugh in your head. It was such a funny laugh and she seemed to have it all the time in spite of what she was dealing with. I also have a hard time understanding why, but God's plan is too big for us to see, I guess. Great post.

See-Dub said...

Agreed. Great post! She was such a blessing to everyone she touched. I miss her already.

Jennifer said...

I agree with everything you wrote- especially the part about caring about others even when she was fighting for her life. I remember her calling me during my first trimester with Cooper. I was feeling so horrible, on medication to not throw up all the time, and could hardly face the day. She had just found out about her cancer not long before that and she called to tell me that she had prayed for me and was so concerned about how I was feeling. I started crying on the phone with her- telling her how guilty I felt to be complaining about my sickness when she was dealing with cancer. She was so selfless and more concerned for me than herself. That made such a HUGE impact on me. I am so sad that she is gone!!

Sarah P said...

Wow Jenna. You worded that so beautifully. I got goose bumps. We all miss her.

Amy C said...

That was so sweet Jenna. I am so sorry about your precious friend. I will pray that all who know and love her will have peace during this really tough time!

Tami said...

Thanks for your post, Jenna. You said the things I could not put into words.