Wednesday, November 29, 2006

The Tragedy!

You should see the bump from the side! OUCH!
Posted by Picasa
Cade has not sucked his thumb for a while but when he needs comforting or if he is really tired he will hold his hand over his mouth with his fingertips touching his nose.

Here is a picture of what happens when you run into a pole at school. The school called me so I went up there to check it out. I couldn't tell if the cut would need stitches or not so we went to Cooks Urgent Care to have it looked at. The nurse looked at him and said that she could not give me any advice but see how nicely the edges are holding together. No stitches!!! Cade seems to be our tragedy child. He is the one who tends to get injured. The teacher said that he just screamed for a minute and then he was fine. She was so surprised that he did not scream longer because she has seen his drama. To add to his tragedy, Cade has splinters in his hand from the grass burr catastrophe. The splinters are trying to work themselves out and if Cade hits them in just the right way - watch out! Mark tried to get the splinters out tonight but Cade was hysterical with fear so I guess the splinters will remain for a while! My poor baby!

5 comments:

Sarah P said...

Yikes! But what a good pouty picture. He's got my sympathy vote.

Devona said...

Poor poor Cade!! That sure looks like it hurts. And so soon after the burrs.....

Amy C said...

If Cade runs around as fast as you get out posts, it is no wonder he runs into stuff you are lightning mcqueen fast! We have had several traumatic head injuries this week too. We passed on the photos though. I am not sure proof is always a good thing. HA!

Beth said...

OUCH!!!! that looks like it hurts. Remember, I always have steri-strips for this type of thing.

Anonymous said...

Found your blog through Erinlo. I just HAD to comment on the not-thumbsucking picture. When I was little (around 5 yrs old) and quit sucking my thumb, I started to rub my thumbnail on my upper lip instead. It's cute how kids learn ways to soothe themselves even when something else may be "off limits".... anyway, that cute picture made me smile.

Your kids are precious! And I hope his head feels better soon.... that looks painful!