Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Nate at 15 months and Other Updates

Nate "helping" with the dishes. I had to snap pictures before I told him "no"

Posted by Picasa
Nate eating a burrito. He had to hold it himself. He would not take a bite if I was holding it.

I can't believe that my baby is already 15 months old! How did that happen. He is growing and changing every day. He is almost 30 inches tall which puts him in the 15th percentile for height. Big surprise, we have another peanut! He weighs almost 21 pounds which puts him in the 5th percentile for weight. I don't anticipate that he will ever have a weight issue. The things that I love the most about Nate right now.

1) I love how he pretends to talk on the phone by holding his hand to his ear. I love how he is fascinated by the phone.

2) I love how he came up to me and gave me a kiss all on his own. Completely melted me.

3) I love how he went up to Chase the other day and gave him a hug. I love how he went up to Cade today and gave him a hug and leaned his head into Cade's shoulder. Incredibly sweet.

4) I love how he pats my back when he is hugging me. Pure heaven!

5) I love how he puts certain phrases together and says them as one word - whatsat (what is that) and derugo (there you go) are 2 of my favorites.

6) I love watching him discover things for the first time. He is loving watching all of the Christmas activity. I can't wait to see him open presents this year.

7) I love that he is such a good eater! It makes my life so much easier.

8) I love how much he LOVES, LOVES, LOVES his bubbas. Chase especially takes super good care of his baby brother.

9) I love how he takes a chip, dips it in salsa, and then eats it. That's my boy!

There are many things about Nate that we love but those are my favorite right now. He truly is our gift from God.

Chase had his well check on Monday. Yes, I realize that he turned 9 in August. It just worked out that his well check this year was in November. He is now 51 inches tall. In July of 2004 he was not even on the charts and now he is in the 25th percentile!!!! He was right around 42 inches tall when we started all of this. Still amazes me.

Several funny Cade things. He really got into Halloween this year. He especially loved this house near ours with 8 or so zombies in the yard. He talks about that house and about zombies (and other Halloween things) all of the time. His uncle Brad, who is a very talented artist, drew him a picture with a scary tree, a scary moon, a scary boy zombie coming out of the ground, and a scary girl zombie floating around. It was very scary to Cade. So scary that he could not keep it. He had to give it to Grammy to keep. Yesterday he drew a picture of a scary tree, a scary moon, and a floating zombie. I was surprised at how good it was. Cade is loving the Christmas stuff. We are decorating in spurts and he can't stand waiting. Every once in a while he will go out to the garage and sneak another decoration into the house. He loves playing with the snowmen. He has his little Snowy. He has been having the best time having Snowy talk to the other snowmen and to Santa Claus. Needless to say, the decorations are very mobile this year. Every year I buy the boys 2 identical ornaments. I try to find ornaments that reflect their interests during the year. When they are adults, I will give them one of the ornaments and keep the other one. A couple of years ago Cade loved Dora so I got him Dora ornaments. They have his name on them so he knows that they are his. He is not happy that he has "girl" ornaments. It is truly disturbing him. He is a constant source of entertainment.

3 comments:

Devona said...

What is it with babies and dishwashers?! Jacob has, for the most part, stopped climbing on it, now he likes to help me load and unload it. (knives, glasses, anything dangerous and or breakable!) I love when they say "whatsat". I'm still waiting for Jacob to start saying it, but all he'll say is "dad". How do you feel about your baby becoming independent already? (holding burrito by himself) You've got 4 very special and beautiful boys. I love reading your posts.

tamandscott said...

I love those sweet boys. And...how many times a week do y'all eat Taco Bell?? :)

Jenna said...

Taco Bell, NEVER!! That is a Taco Bueno burrito. We don't eat it very often. I have to cook most nights (sigh).