Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Still Worth It

My procrastination did come with some consequences. Monday night (technically Tuesday morning) I had to work until 4 a.m. in order to finish the report that had to be done. Not too much fun :) I crawl into bed at 4 and Cade wakes up crying at 4:30. Mark knows that I have not been in bed very long so he goes and takes care of Cade. He takes Cade to the bathroom and puts him back in bed. Thirty minutes later, Cade has thrown up all over his bed. Mark takes him into the bathroom to finish throwing up and I start taking off the bedding and starting the laundry. Fun times! My procrastination was still worth it!

My sister came into town because we were going to have some hang out time. We were going to go shopping on Tuesday. Instead, she gets to stay with me at home with a sick boy! I thought that Cade was better this morning, but he threw up again early, early this morning. Luckily, he did not throw up on his sheets. We put him on a palette by our bed. He crawls into bed with me around 7 and a few minutes later, I get a throw up shower! That will get you out of bed in a hurry. He seems to have turned a corner. He is now super perky and begging for food and drink. Keep your fingers crossed!

I have a seminar in Dallas the next 2 days. My mother-in-law was going to come in and take care of the boys for me while I attended the seminar. At the last minute, she has encountered many obstacles and can't come anymore. I can't cancel the seminar, I can't ask someone with kids to keep my puking boy, what to do? Never fear, my mom to the rescue! At the last minute, she is flying in tonight and staying through Friday in order to take care of my boys. Thank you, thank you, thank you!! I think that we will survive this week!

1 comment:

Amy C said...

You have just gotta hate throw up showers. They just don't smell as good, but, I would imagine that the acidity is great for exfoliating the skin. . .