Thursday, November 23, 2006

Dylan's Thanksgiving Play





Last Friday, Dylan's class put on an Arthur Thanksgiving play. Dylan was cast as the Binky Barnes, the big boy who is thought to be a bully. It made me laugh that Dylan got this role because he is not like that at all! The play was very sweet. They served treats to the parents and siblings after the play. Next, they broke up into groups and read a Thanksgiving poem complete with hand motions. It was very cute.

The Poem:

It's Happy Thanksgiving

It's Happy Thanksgiving,
Thanksgiving! Hooray!
We're going to dinner
at Grandma's today.
I love it at Grandma's,
it's cozy and snug,
I love giving Grandma
a Thanksgiving hug.
I help make the gravy,
I pour and I stir,
it smells so delicious,
I love helping her.
We laugh and we talk,
Oh! she makes such a fuss
as she bustles about
cooking dinner for us.
When we sit at the table
and Daddy says grace,
there's a beautiful smile
on my grandmother's face.
Though the weather is windy
and chilly and gray,
our family is happy
this Thanksgiving day.

There is a mom of a sweet little girl who is in Dylan's class. This mom was talking to her friend about how she almost missed the play because she could not leave the house before the breakfast dishes were done. Her little girl had a little, bitty crumb on her mouth and her mom had to make sure that the girl took care of the crumb with her napkin. At the circus, there was a mom in front of me who had the anti-bacterial wipes ready to be used on anything that came near her child (and they were used and used and used). When her pregnant friend was climbing up she had her hands hovering all around just in case the friend fell. I am not saying that there is anything wrong with being a mom like this, but I am saying that I am not a mom like that. Maybe that is why I have 4 boys. A little bit of dirt does not bother me. Crumbs on the face - I could care less. Dirty breakfast dishes? They bother me, but I have no problem walking away from them:) The noise of the stench of boys does not bother me for the most part. Now, pee on the toilet space - THAT gets on my nerves!

1 comment:

Devona said...

Thanks for making me laugh!! I am not a mom like those you described either. How can you be with all boys?! Hope you all had a very wonderful Thanksgiving.