Sunday, November 12, 2006

And It Continues!

Thursday was interesting. My mom kept the boys while I attended my seminar. I called her when the seminar was over and she did not sound so good. She had the stomach bug!! I know that she did not get it from Cade because it was too quick. My poor mom! I had an appointment in Dallas so I could not come home yet. Luckily Mark was able to leave work early and my friend Amy was able to keep the older boys for a while. What to do about Friday? I arranged for Amy to keep Nate and my friend was going to pick up Cade to take him to preschool. Problem solved! Well, not quite. Cade woke up twice in the night with diarrhea. So much for him being over the stomach bug. What to do?!? I could not ask anyone with kids to keep my stomach bug boy. I could not call someone at 6 in the morning to see if they could keep Cade. Mark could not take the day off because he has already scheduled time off during the next 2 weeks. I did not want to lose the money from the course and I really needed the continuing education credits. So Cade attended the seminar with me. The seminar started at 8 and ended at 3:30 with an hour for lunch. Cade would have to be still and quiet for that entire time. One of the facilitators GLARED at me when I signed in for the day. One word describes Cade at the seminar - ANGEL. He was perfect. So many people complimented me on his behavior. I could not have asked for him to be any better. He was perfect. I was so proud of him! The woman who glared at me was so complimentary about Cade when I checked out. I was so relieved. We survived!

3 comments:

Danielle said...

WOW! You really are super mom! I don't know how you balance it all... and Cade sure is a trooper. David is also still not completely over the stomach bug... it's been over a week and his diapers are really horrid. Hope everyone is feeling better soon!

See-Dub said...

Congratulations for surviving the herculean task of rearranging schedules on short notice. And a big WOO-HOO for Cade being such an angel!

Hope everyone's feeling better now!

tamandscott said...

Ick, I don't know how you do it. Sick kids stress me to the max. Glad everything worked out!