Saturday, November 04, 2006

The Power of Procrastination

It is true, I have a mountain of work that needs to be done and I am procrastinating. In fact, I have been procrastinating all week long. I am just tired. Tired of working. Tired of cleaning the house to have it look like a disaster a mere 10 minutes later. Tired of the perpetual pile of laundry on my couch. Tired of not having the time to do the things that I want to do. This week, I have been the queen of procrastination. And the truth is that it has felt good. On Thursday, I took Nate for his 1 year pictures. Nevermind that he is already 14 months old! I then had a few errands to run at the mall. It is funny, I have not been to the mall in months and months. I go to the mall twice in 2 weeks and both times I run into friends I had not seen in a while. On Thursday I ran into a friend whom I had not seen since my sister's wedding. I was able to sit down and eat lunch with her. Then, Cade and Nate and I just walked around the mall. Nate took a nap and Cade and I had the best time looking at Halloween things and Christmas things. The mall trip was topped off by the treat of a special cookie. Cade then wanted to go to Toys R Us, so we did. I had the best day just hanging out with 2 of my favorite people. Ahhh, procrastination! It is now Saturday and the mountain of work is still staring at me. I am having true motivation issues.

Cade has been so funny lately. Maybe by Christmas he will stop talking about Halloween. He has labeled sour candy or hot candy as evil to his tongue. His soccer game was something today. I thought his soccer skills were improving, but at today's game he returned to LaLa land. Picture Cade running down the field waving to me and completely oblivious to the ball.

Nate has learned a few new things. Thanks to all the snotty noses that he has had lately, he has learned how to blow his nose. He can now go up and down the stairs in record time. Tonight, I told him that it was time for his bath and he ran into the bathroom. I love how he is really starting to undertand the things we say to him. He has also started to say, "cheese". Do you think that I am taking a few too many pictures?

3 comments:

Amy C said...

I love that Cade has said that sour and hot candy are evil. And Nate saying Cheese is too cute.

I think procrastination is good if you can
A. Pull it off, and

B. just snap out of it and get it all done at some point.

You seem to pull it ALL off miraculously when it really counts!

Danielle said...

First of all, you can never take too many pictures. Second, I loved running into you guys! And believe me, I know about procrastination! But, sometimes you just have to let yourself relax. Just the other day, I put off all the things I had to do b/c I was craving icecream. David and I shared a cone together and it was wonderful... I got none of the stuff I needed to get done, but I'll remember that time with my baby more than the endless to do list anyway! Enjoy the time you take :), and you made me feel better about this issue I also battle weekly!!! Tell the boys hello!

See-Dub said...

Procrastination led me to change the template on my blog. I was gone all night Friday, in Austin all day Saturday, and at church Sunday morning. I could've used Sunday afternoon to finish packing up the Halloween stuff or to unpack from Austin, but NO! Blogger to the rescue! Procrastination is alive and well here.

I wanted a template with the entries on the left, and I liked the one that used my favorite color for the titles. :) Once I picked the template, I thought it looked familiar, and what do you know? It's yours!

Your procrastination seems to have paid some nice dividends! What would we do without those days every now and then?