Friday, November 17, 2006

The Circus

Chase doing his homework during intermission - he was thrilled about it (or not)

The motorcycle globe - they had 5 motorcycles going at once! Posted by Picasa

Cade won tickets to the circus so the boys and I went on Thursday night. We had a few extra tickets so the boys were able to participate in a random act of kindness by giving away 3 free tickets. Dylan told me that it was fun to give people things. We ate a healthy and inexpensive meal (sarcasm) at the circus before the show started.

The lights went out and the music began. Then the strobe lights came on. Sweet Nate went ohhh! His favorite part of the circus was when he got to clap. He got very tired and VERY wiggly! My poor Nate has had the stomach bug all week. Luckily he has not thrown up. His poor bottom is beet red. I have had to wash his sheets every day!!

Cade had fun at the circus. He was very scared when the high wire walker almost fell off! Really, he almost fell off! They stopped the performance and the announcer asked him if he was okay. He was trying to jump rope on the wire when he slipped and barely caught himself. Cade was so scared to watch the rest of the performance! He put his head in my shoulder and was shaking. He was so glad when that performance was over! The amount of flesh that the female performers displayed was unbelievable. Several times Cade would point at them and start laughing and then say, "Mommy, that girl is naked". A circus is a family show - why, why, why do they have to have that?

Cade was ready to go home at intermission because he was tired, but Chase and Dylan wanted to stay because the motorcycle globe and the human cannonball had not performed yet. Chase studied his spelling and vocabulary during intermission. I hope his grade does not reflect that he studied during intermission. Chase and Dylan loved, loved, loved the motorcycle globe and the human cannonball. I have to admit that the motorcycle globe is very impressive. Five motorcycles going at once in that thing! We all came home tired but happy. I love spending time with my sweet boys.

1 comment:

See-Dub said...

What a great outing! Those school night events are such bonuses, aren't they? It's like sneaking in some extra fun during the week.

I'm with Cade when it comes to watching the high wire! When we saw the Chinese acrobats at Six Flags, I could barely stand to watch as the man climbed higher and higher! I spent that part of the show staring at the floor. I'm not that afraid of heights and I'm impressed by acrobats and tightrope walkers, but boy, those acts get to me!