Monday, March 03, 2008

Juggling

Did you know that I actually took a class in college that required learning how to juggle? That was the semester that I tried Elementary Education as my major (also the semester that I decided that teaching was not to be my profession). Anyway, juggling and I did not really get along. Although I did not do well with juggling, I have always been good at other types of juggling. I can get quite a few balls going on in my life without dropping them - although sometimes it is not pretty. Recently, I have had a few too many balls. Do you know what happens when you throw in too many balls? It has not been good. I have been juggling the normal balls that are required when you have 4 boys. Then, I had a few extra balls from work since I had a very busy January. For fun, I threw in the flu ball for me and the respiratory illness ball for Nate. Too many balls! Some balls have been dropped. Some are just barely being juggled. I think that I am missing some balls, but I can't quite figure out what balls are missing. They will be sure to show up! My juggling act right now is not a pretty sight. Mark has been amazing and has scooped up some of the balls for me. I am working hard (with a quick blogging break, of course). I am starting to shovel my way out from under the balls. I hope. Back to shoveling.

2 comments:

Stacey said...

maybe we could be a juggling act together!

hang in there!

Jennifer said...

I remember that class......it was elementary P.E. and Liz Rotenberry made us learn to juggle. It was HARD but I did learn.

I love the comparison to life and the juggling act. I know we all have times in our lives when we have too many balls. Hang in there and hopefully you can pick up the necessary ones and maybe drop the ones that are not so important!