Friday, September 28, 2007

They Make Me Laugh

Here is a picture of a monkey! Nate is our climber. He was being too quiet so I went to find him and there he sat. He had pushed a chair up to the counter and then climbed up there. Mark said that I am sending him the wrong message by taking his picture first - probably right, but he is a cute monkey. Nate has been so funny lately, but I can't remember half of what he has done that cracks me up. I need to be better about writing it down. He used to say "yes" so cutely. Now, he says "uh-huh" with much inflection. He also says "uh-uh" when he is saying "no". He has been all about Dylan the last few days. Probably because Dylan has been pushing him on his Mater. When Dylan stops, we hear a chorus of, "Dylan, come ere, push me, push meeeee". Chase learned a neat trick to get Nate to come see you, just pretend you are crying and he will come running to give you a hug. I often use this trick when Nate needs a diaper change. Well today, I was in the bedroom with the wipes and the diaper and Nate was not interested in being changed, in spite of his stink. I did the fake crying bit and Nate comes running. He then looks at me mischievously, smiles, and shuts the door! I open the door to get him and he starts laughing! Little stink pot! I was asking him about school and he was telling me so many things. I asked him what he had for snack and he told me, "Jesus". Then he started singing the "I've got the joy, joy, joy, down in my heart" song. He is liking school.
Cade has been quite hysterical lately. He learned about germs in school. I have never emphasized germs with him because of his OCD tendencies. Well, the lesson on germs really stuck with him. He came home talking about and telling me what they looked like. At one point, he was lying on the floor and was not wanting to get up. I told him strongly to get up and he hopped right up with a panicked look on his face. He said, "Why, are there germs on the floor?!"
Cade is a big snuggler. We always snuggle in bed in the mornings. The other morning we were snuggling and having our normal "who loves you more" conversation. Mark made the mistake of asking Cade if Cade loved him as much as he loved Mommy. Cade replied, "Well, almost". That was rewarded by a big tickling!
Cade is doing very well in school. Now that he knows what to expect, he is not having any meltdowns. His teacher feels that he is very bright. I am so thankful that she can see who he is in spite of his sensory challenges. We are a bit concerned with his visual/spatial skills. He segments his letters and he has a hard time with his letter formation. He also has a hard time with writing softly. He does not have a good sense of how much pressure he is putting on the paper. The therapist has given us some things to do to help him with this.
Dylan continues to love, love, love school. He was upset that one little boy in his class did not like him. This is the same little boy that I heard use very inappropriate and mean language. Dylan and I talked about how it is really okay that not everyone likes you. We also talked about tacky people and how you really should find friends who are not tacky. Dylan has friends in his class, especially one little boy. I don't want one tacky kid to make him feel bad about himself.
Chase is liking school better. He seems to be getting a better handle on the homework. I still feel that he has too much! The deadline for his first book report is looming. Hopefully he can finish reading his book this weekend - although it is going to be a very busy weekend. Birthday parties to attend, cousins to play with, ovarian cancer walk - it will be a good weekend.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Jacinda said...

Sounds like busy-but fun-times around your house!