Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Nate's Big Boy Bed

Nate moved to a big boy bed this last weekend. All of our boys except for Nate have been out of the crib before they were 2. Nate stayed in longer for a couple of reasons 1) we did not have a bed to move him to and 2) he is my last baby. I was not sure how Nate would handle the move. He was very, very, VERY excited about his bed. He loves it! The crib has already been sold in a garage sale (I made $300 in the garage sale). It was very hard for me to let the crib go. It is just so FINAL! (Yes, I know we have 4 children but now I have no babies and never will again).


Nate has done very well in his bed. The first nap time was a little challenging, but now he has gotten the idea that he must stay in his bed until he takes a nap. I have to admit that I am enjoying him being in a big boy bed. Every night we lay in his bed and read some books. He is loving that! He won't let me sing to him anymore. I don't think I sing THAT bad!
Here are some pictures from the putting up of the bed. By the way, Mark was out of town so Chase and I got the mattresses up the stairs all by ourselves with a little assistance from Dylan.



Nate "helping" to put together his bed. I took his fish toy down from his crib. He has not played with it in months. I was going to sell it in the garage sale but he kept bringing it back in the house. I guess he was not ready to let go of it yet.





Nate was so excited, he is trying to pull the mattress into his room. Cracked me up!


He was so excited that he could not stand it!

Here he is already trying to crawl into bed.
Soooo happy!
I asked him to close his eyes and pretend like he was asleep and he did it!


Trying to decide which animal to have in bed for his first night!






3 comments:

Jennifer said...

I love the pictures of him with all the parts- what a big helper! Glad he is liking the bed. I know what you mean about it being so final.

Anonymous said...

oh man,he seems like such a character! and you really went for the big bed!

PB said...

This makes me sad for you. Your baby is getting bigger. I looks like he loved it. How sweet!