Tuesday, September 04, 2007

The Adventures of Nate

I think I have it all figured out. I wake up in the morning and my big bubba, Chase, comes into my room with a funny roar. It always makes me laugh. He gets me up and takes me downstairs to my mommy, who always gives me a big hug. Then I ask for breakfast (sometimes I ask for waffles, sometimes I ask for cereal) and POOF my breakfast appears. I pretty much get everything that I want. Sometimes my mommy uses that "share" word (I really don't like that word). Most of the time, if I cry, my bubbas give me whatever I want. It works well for me. Mommy doesn't seem to buy it, but I think she has learned about this trick from my older brothers. I still get most of what I want from my mommy. She mentioned the word "spoiled" but I don't know what that means. I like to play with my toys. My big red car that I got for my birthday is my favorite. I like to sit in it while I am watching the Wiggles. I also love my airplanes. I hold them and make airplane sounds. When I feel that Mommy is not listening to me, I make the airplane sounds even louder - then she looks at me. I know I am cute. I also like playing with the dinosaurs that I just got for my birthday. Mommy will sit on the floor with me and play dinosaurs. She always eats me with a dinosaur. She is so funny! Sometimes we dance around the living room. I love that, especially when Mommy spins me! Oh, I see my crocs. I really, really, really like shoes. My crocs are my favorite. Mommy bought me a pair before but they disappeared at the pool after only 3 days! That really made Mommy sad. She finally bought me a new pair and they look good on me!! I also like to wear Mommy's and Daddy's shoes. I love to sing. I sing a lot! I know the words to a lot of different songs. If I only know a word or two in a song then I just sing those words REALLY loud. Mommy seems to like it because she laughs. Books bore me a bit. I really would rather be on the go. I like to try new things. Like the other day, I found the syrup bottle on the table (my bubbas forgot to put it up) Mommy was in the bathroom using that gun that blows air so I thought that I would just see what I could do with the syrup. I poured out a really nice amount on the table and on the chair. Then, I put a bowl on top of it. It was great fun until I noticed that I had syrup on my shirt. I was trying to clean it up with a towel (Mommy almost always has clean clothes on the couch) when Mommy came into the room. She did not think it was as fun as I did. She started to clean up my mess, but I wanted her to change my shirt. I brought her a shirt from the couch, but she said it was hers. That made me mad, I wanted to change my shirt!

I love my bubbas. Every day we walk to this building and all of my bubbas leave me. It made me really sad at first. I would cry and call them, but they would still go. Then, I discovered that Mommy gives me a lot of attention when my bubbas are gone. It is really kinda fun. Well, I gotta go. Messes to make! Life is good!

Nate likes to do Cade's brushing! Notice the crocs to the side and Cade watching one of his wasp bites.

I am a cute mess!
Blurry but so sweet!

3 comments:

Jacinda said...

I just saw that you left a comment on my blog so I thought I'd come over and leave you one again...even though it's 1:30 am. It's your fault I'm still up though! LOL Seriously, I linked over to "Hannah & Lily's" site and have been reading & crying for quite some time now. I cannot imagine the grief that mother is feeling.

When did you graduate from ACU? I feel so old that I can't remember everyone from college as well as I'd like. UGH

Jacinda said...

I graduated in '95 and yes, Chris graduated in '94. So tell me this, what was your major and who did you hang out with, etc. Were you in a club? I was in education and lived in Nelson, Sikes & off campus. Who did you marry?

I love reconnecting with people from ACU!

Jacinda said...

Okay. Jenna Blankenship sounds very familiar-so does Alison Raney! How I wish I could find a yearbook! LOL I definitely remember Anna Pope.

I was a Siggie and hung out with Susan (Wilburn) Newhouse, Jennifer (Reynolds) Robbins, Alethea (Martin) Hall, Valerie (Osburn) Loe, etc. Chris was in Gamma Sigs and was an Agriculture major-which has about 2% to do with his job! LOL

Anywho, it's so nice to make connections!