Monday, September 10, 2007

Alaska

Since I have known Mark (16 years now!), I have known that he has always wanted to go to Alaska. He finally was able to go at the end of August. His brother-in-law, Todd, went also. It was a "hunting" trip but they never saw anything to hunt. Mark is very glad that he was able to go. Maybe Mark will blog about.

I am very glad that he got to go but I definitely missed him. The hardest part was not being able to talk to him. He was in the middle of nowhere so I could not give him a call whenever I wanted to talk to him. You should have seen the pure joy on Cade's face when he saw Mark! Ten days was too long for him to not have his daddy. The other boys were happy to have him home, too. So was I!!

Is it bad that I am glad that he did not get anything - I did not want a caribou head in my house. Does that make me a bad wife?

Here are a few pictures, maybe Mark will talk about them.


See those black dots, those are bears.

Wolf print










Do you see the quad rainbow?




Glacier


The beaver who did not like them around. She kept slapping her tail at them.

6 comments:

Stacey said...

beautiful. my fav may be the sunset. and you have so earned like a trillion wife/mommy points for doing 10 days solo! how about a coffee break?!!

See-Dub said...

Just gorgeous! I think I swooned when I saw the quadruple rainbow.

I can't wait to hear the stories to go with them!

Jennifer said...

these pictures are gorgeous! Jason and I went to Alaska for our year anniversary and we LOVED IT. I'd love to go back some day.

No, you are not a bad wife at all. I would be the same way. No deer heads in our living room, thanks.

Laurie said...

How beautiful! It really makes me want to go too! Jay has been wanting to go to Alaska for a long time! I am glad Mark had a good time!

Anonymous said...

I told you I'd take a caribou head off your hands...or a deer, bear...whatever. Those pictures are amazing! That totally stinks he didn't get to hunt what he went to hunt, but I'm still glad he got to go.

Amy C said...

Those are amazing pictures. They made me want to go to Alaska. You should frame some.