Thursday, March 08, 2007

Cade's Soccer Game

When Cade was little I was so sure that he would be an amazing soccer player. He loved soccer balls and could kick well even before he was 2. I couldn't wait to sign him up. Let's say his soccer skills are less than stellar. When he is "playing" all that runs through my mind is "la,la, la, la, la". Kick a soccer ball? You must be joking. That would require getting near the ball. Kick a goal? Why would I want to do that? Why have we kept him in soccer? For one thing, I hope it clicks for him. Then there is the fact that he has a fantastic coach and a fantastic team. If we take Cade out for a while we would not be able to get him back on that team. Cade really enjoys playing with his soccer friends. Cade likes being out there. We will see what we do after this season.

Here are a lot of pictures, but they truly show Cade's personality. Cade tasting the wind - It was sooo cold and windy.
Cade warming up with Granddaddy
See how Cade is watching the action - or not
Cade trying to keep his hands warm
Cade's coach "helping" Cade play


Cade being silly with his friends



Cade doing a silly run - does it look like he is involved in the game?


Where are all the other players? Oh that's right, they are by the BALL



It looks like he is about to kick the ball but the ball just wandered near him
Once again, behind everyone else



He does have fun
More silly running






















Run, run like the wind!





4 comments:

See-Dub said...

Great photos--and excellent captions! (I especially like the one with Cade tasting the wind!) I know all about not wanting to give up a good team and coach, and who knows? Maybe soccer will click with him eventually. Until then, he sure seems to be having a great time!

So what kind of camera did Mark get?

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the comments on the photos. I ended up with the Nikon D40 with the 2 lens kit. As many pictures as we take, I thought this would be a good investment. Time is short and the kids are growing up way to fast. I am going to record as many memories as possible.

Mark

Amy C said...

Love that Cade. I am always so happy when he runs up to me and throws his arms around me. I will be sad if he grows out of that. He is so cute just being Cade out there. I am sure he will catch on someday.

Sarah P said...

You know, there really is no cool way to run with your hands in your pocket. I've tried on cold days to do so, and I always look like a penguin with long legs.

And I love the picture of his coach helping him play the game. I think it's a good reminder of how God helps us through life. Sometimes I don't want to play life like a Christian, but God takes my hand and guides me through the half of the game I'm in at the moment. Tell Cade thanks for reminding me of my heavenly Father today.