Friday, December 15, 2006

UNBELIEVABLE!

So remember all the pain and agony that Chase had to endure back in August. You remember, he had his tonsils out so that he would stop getting strep throat all the time. On Tuesday, I got a call from the school nurse. Chase was complaining of a headache and throat pain. He was also beginning to run a fever. When I picked him up, the nurse thought that it was probably a virus going around because she did not think that his throat looked much worse. I should have listened to my instinct right then and taken him right away to the doctor. He became much worse that night so on Wednesday we went to the doctor. Yes, Chase had STREP THROAT!!! I want my money back from the surgery!! When I picked Cade up from preschool, he was a limp noodle. He said his head hurt and his tummy hurt. On the way home he doused himself and his seat with throw up. This is what Cade does when he gets strep throat. So we were off to the Care Now clinic that night since the pediatrician did not have any openings until the next day. Of course it was strep. Wonder who will be next?

Chase took a big step on Wednesday morning. I had to complete a home visit for a family. They were just returning home from a temporary out-of-state job. They were leaving the next day for the birth of their baby. The home visit had to take place before placement and there was no other time to do it so Chase was able to stay home by himself for about 2 hours!! He had the phone, the remote, phone numbers, and very strict instructions!! I completed the fastest home visit ever then I picked Chase up and we headed straight to the doctor. I can't believe my baby is old enough for that!!

5 comments:

See-Dub said...

Poor Chase and Cade! I hope they're feeling better--and Dylan and Nate stay strep-free.

Hooray for Chase staying home! We're making the transition, too, giving Ryan chances to be home alone. Growing up is hard--especially for the mommy!

Beth said...

I hope they are feeling better soon.

If we allowed Ashton to stay home alone we might come home to a burning house.

Kristen OQ said...

How can they get strep throat when they have no tonsils? I thought that was supposed to stop it! I hope the rest of your family doesn't get anything.

Amy C said...

I hope we don't get it. I did your weird list. Check it out. You could probably tell me more weird stuff about me than I did though!

Amy C said...

I have been surfing the how weird am I posts. It is comforting somehow. . .