Monday, December 11, 2006

Silence Can be Dangerous

Posted by Picasa
There are times when silence is a beautiful thing. Other times, silence compels you to go investigate. Here is what I found during one such time of silence. This is on the second floor. Note the cut out right next to him. If he were to fall from the cut out area then he would fall unto tile floor below. Scares me to death just thinking about it. I did a quick rearrange and moved the couch so that he could not climb up onto the couch then onto the desk. Of course, I found him on the desk again yesterday. I moved the chair into the middle of the room. We will be rearranging the room layout shortly. Scares me to death.

Nate is learning new words every day! He now will wave goodbye and say goodbye. He also said "love u". MELTED ME! So, so sweet. Now he is fake snoring! Makes me laugh! He is so spoiled rotten.

The boys are very excited about Christmas. They know that my closet was off limits for a few days because presents were in there that I had not had time to wrap. I left my nephew's gift out so that they would think that it was for them! They all confessed to seeing a present! Cade took it a step further and dug around a little bit. He informed me that he was getting a skateboard for Christmas! Actually, Chase is getting a skateboard for Christmas and now Chase knows he is getting a skateboard for Christmas. Oh well, at least now I don't have to figure out how in the world to wrap a skateboard. The rest of the presents are wrapped so temptation is now out of the way.

Mark is notoriously difficult to shop for at Christmas. This year, I had the perfect gift figured out. I was so proud of myself! I knew that he would like it and I couldn't wait to get it for him. He came home from Cabela's on Sunday with the EXACT thing that I was going to get him for Christmas. My brother-in-law had found it on sale and had called Mark to see if Mark wanted it. I knew it was a good gift idea for him. I am truly sad about it. Mark is just going to be out of luck in the present department this year. Who buys themselves things at Christmastime? I think he will get a lump of coal :)

4 comments:

Amy C said...

I think coal sounds good. Coffee is similar to coal. Just give him that. It smells better too!

Beth said...

Oh my gosh... you are raising monkies! Cute ones though!! When people shop for themselves around christmas... they don't need any presents! Amy sounds good, COAL... do you know what that is??? (since Texas probably doesn't have any) It's black, hard and really dirty!!!
love ya

tamandscott said...

That picture is hilarious. Read my blog, you're on it:)

Sarah P said...

OH! Don't you hate that! Brock has already been forewarned that he is not allowed to buy anything manly or expensive until Christmas is over. He keeps almost buying his own Christmas present! Those men...what are we going to do with them?!