Wednesday, December 27, 2006

One of Life's Lessons

Chase had a school project about Christmas around the World. This project was supposed to be a 2-person project. Chase was out of school half a day on Tuesday and all of Wednesday and Thursday because of his strep throat. His teacher sent home some of the project stuff so that Chase could work on it at home. Let's just say that his partner had not done any quality work. This little boy was in Chase's class last year so I already knew that he probably was not the best partner to have. Poor Chase. We worked until 10 at night on Thursday night on this project. Then, he stayed in from recess the next day to work on it. Then he brought it home. We were very busy on Saturday and I was working on Sunday. Mark and Chase worked on it on Sunday and then Chase and I worked on it some more after I got home. It was a HUGE project and Chase was exhausted. Everything that his "partner" did had to be redone. Chase was upset but that is life. This is not the only time he will have a "partner" in work or in school who does not pull his or her weight. I told Chase that he still needs to make sure that he turns in good work. I also told Chase that he was the real winner in this case because he learned a lot about China and his partner did not! (Mark and I learned a lot too) His project turned out really well.

1 comment:

Amy C said...

I have always hated group projects. Poor Chase. Funny Nate. Welcom home!