Friday, August 25, 2006

Happy Birthday Baby Boy!

Meeting our baby brother for the first time. Look at Cade's face!


Nate's first Halloween - all the boys wore this costume for their first Halloween
Cade loves, loves, loves his baby brother - sometimes he "loves" a little too hard
Sweet baby

How do they grow so fast?
I love his expression here - What are you doing, mommy?
About 6 weeks old
How can he be a year old already?

I cannot believe that my baby is a year old. A year ago we were heading to the hospital. I was being induced so the boys were taken care of and everything was calm. We let Chase and Dylan miss school that day so that they could be a part of everything. I had Mom and Dad bring them to the hospital before Nate was born. I did not have them bring Cade because I was not sure about how Cade was going to handle being a big brother. Cade was VERY upset that he did not get to come with Chase and Dylan, VERY upset. My labor and delivery was easy and quick. My epidural did not work with Cade and I did not want to repeat that scenario. I got the best epidural ever!!! I was numb for hours afterwards - and it was worth it. The boys got to come in and meet their new brother. I should not have been worried about Cade, he adores his baby brother. Later that day, Cade was sharing his silky with Nate. So very sweet.

Nate has been so happy and easy-going. He is truly a gift. He was so prayed for and we feel very blessed that God has entrusted us with him. We love you sweet, baby boy!

2 comments:

Amy C said...

Cheater! I loved reading your old posts though. Dylan looked so cute pouting, and Cade in his soccer uniform is to die for. So cute.

Danielle said...

Happy Birthday Nate! I can't believe it has been a year... you sure are a cutie!!! Tell those brothers we said hello!