Monday, August 07, 2006

Get Ready, to Wiggle!

Can you see the excitement in his face!
Notice how their eyes are glued to the stage and not to the camera
Here is the Big Red Car!
Posted by Picasa

I have a secret. I am a Wiggles fan. Great music that encourages kids to move which encourages learning - what is not to like? Wiggles shows are very entertaining. I can't believe I just typed that. I remember making fun of the Wiggles in my ignorance. Sunday I took Cade and Nate to see the Wiggles. Cade was soooo excited. I took him last year for the first time ever. He had never been to a show like that so he was expecting a movie or something like that. When we got there, they were playing Wiggles' shows on the screen. When the credits started to roll Cade said, "It's over". Then, the Big Red Car came unto the stage. Cade was in shock! The real live Wiggles were right in front of him! He loved it! Going to the Wiggles with Cade is one of my favorite Cade memories. This year he knew what to expect and he was excited. He was telling me all about the show last year, I could not believe that he remembered so much about it. Nate went with us too even though he was running a fever (I know, I know but I kept him away from other kids). Cade loved it and Nate loved it! Nate clapped and clapped and clapped and then he would dance and dance and dance. His fever started to come back so I gave him medicine and he fell asleep. The show was very entertaining. The Wiggles seem to really love what they are doing. They ad lib a lot and crack each other up. They really involve the audience and go out in the crowd. We had not so good seats and Jeff (one of the Wiggles) still walked right by our seats. Mark Cuban (owner of the Mavericks) was even involved in the show - how funny is that! The boys had a great time and I really enjoyed the sweet time with them. I can't wait until next year! I hope Cade still likes them next year.

5 comments:

tamandscott said...

I am sooo jealous. Did you point your finger and do the twist?

Amy C said...

I am not soo jealous, but glad you had fun!

Alyssa said...

We took Lauren and Camryn to see the Wiggles on Saturday. I agree- they put on a great show- and really seem to love their audience. It was really fun!
I can't believe how much Cade looks like Dylan to me! Am I crazy???

Beth said...

please let us know when they are here next year and we will go with you. I was disapointed that we missed them this year. Ethan love the Wiggles.

Devona said...

That must have been so fun!! I tivo'd them so Jacob could watch them and he loves them. Thought I'd point out the fact that your eyes were on the stage too and not the camera!!! Can't blame ya though, they are entertaining.