Friday, July 14, 2006

A Little Bit about Nater Tater Tot

Nate loves to lift his arms high then slam them down on the table - Good times!
Nate "helping" me clean my office

Nate continues to make us laugh all of the time. He has really developed a temper and I can't help but laugh. I will take away something that he wants (car keys, cell phone, remote) and he will get furious. He will tense his body up and shake with rage and then he will scream and hit at you. Not sweet, I know, but it does make me laugh (no, I don't let him see me laugh - he is getting the proper "No!"). I do love that he is learning to express himself. He sleeps with his blue bear. His new trick is to throw it out of his bed and then scream for me. I am not starting that game! The first day he tried that, I got him up after his not-very-good nap and he told me all about it. It was like he was really trying to tell me what happened and that he was not happy about it.

I can tell that I am babying my sweet baby (and I don't care!). For example, I remember that when Chase was Nate's age Chase was already drinking out of a cup - not Nate. I worked a lot harder with Chase about teaching him where his eyes were and where his nose was - things like that. With Nate, I am content with just enjoying him being a baby for as long as it lasts. Especially since he is probably my last baby. The simple acts of snuggling with him in the morning and feeding him bring me so much joy and peace. I don't want him to grow up, but that year birthday keeps creeping up. For now, I will enjoy my sweet baby boy.

We finally gave up on the high chair! Nate would wiggle out of the straps, stand up, and turn around. It made meal time so much fun!!! We have him in a booster seat now (with good straps) at the table. He really loves being at the table with us. Mealtime is so much easier now. Nate has also discovered the joy of opening and exploring cabinets. It is so past time to finish childproofing! Nate especially loves to open the cabinet and then slam the door shut (over and over again). He will squint his eyes closed when the door slams (like his reaction to the fireworks). He must like it because he does it over and over again. Funny boy! Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

erinlo said...

Wow! You have been one busy mama!!! NINE boys! Oh my goodness. Bless you!!!

Amy C said...

Can't wait to see that sparkling clean office He He He!

Devona said...

That is too funny, he sounds like Jacob. I know what you mean about babying him more than Chase, because I've been doing the same thing. It's nice to know others are out there like me! Wonderful pics, beautiful babies!