Thursday, July 20, 2006

Chase's Snake


I need to start this blog by confessing. I have a deep passion for snakes, meaning that I hate them with a passion. I always have and I am betting that I always will. Maybe it is because I grew up in an area with rattlesnakes. Maybe it is because my brothers once told me that a snake bit me and I honestly believed that I was going to die. After running to my mom and hysterically explaining my impending death due to snake bite she examined the "bite" and determined that it was the result of a tree branch. My brothers got me good that time. Maybe I just hate snakes because they are vile and disgusting creatures. Whatever the reason, the fact remains that I don't like them. So what happens? I am blessed with a boy who truly loves snakes. He finds them fascinating. He dreams of having a pet snake. His last 3 birthday parties have had a snake theme! And guess what he wants for this year's party? God has a sense of humor. A few years ago, Mark really wanted to buy him a snake. Lucky for me, that did not happen! I will help to take care of all sorts of pets - except for snakes. Don't ever ask me too. Well, Chase's dream has finally come true. He found a snake in the yard and the snake now lives in Chase's bug habitat. I told him that I would not take care of it and that he better not let it loose in the house. The thought of a snake running loose in my house sends shivers up my spine. I also told Chase to watch out for the cats because cats eat little snakes. When we came home this afternoon, Chase wanted to know if I had let his snake go. Like I would touch the thing! It seems that our special needs kitty, Biscuit, had knocked the bug habitat down and gotten the snake out. My worst nightmare had come true. There was a snake loose somewhere inside my house!!!!! Luckily, Chase walked around the corner and found the snake on the ground next to the kitty. I am sure that Biscuit was enjoying her new toy. Chase rescued the snake. We will see if the snake survives its encounter with Biscuit. Gross, gross, gross!

About Chase, he has strep throat AGAIN. We are being sent to the ENT to see if his tonsils need to come out. Prayers would be appreciated. Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

tamandscott said...

I agree with you on the snake things. Ick. I can't see Bryce ever liking one though. He freaks when a fly is in the same room with him. I think I'll have to worry more about Brayden.

Sorry about Chase with the strep. That is frustrating. Maybe his tonsils can come out, and things will be better for y'all.

Amy C said...

Maybe you should beat Mark to the punch and get him a ball python. Until they are really comfortable with a person, they are scared and just roll up into a ball. Bonus when they escape, they are easier to get back into the cage. :) Hope you get those tonsils out. I have heard that really helps!

Jenna said...

Hmmm, buy Chase a snake - umm, NO!

Beth said...

I agree snakes are gross... I was chased by a crazy man with a black rat snake when I was a child. I fear them..
I would suggest getting tonsils out before school starts... we will pray for you.

Danielle said...

I can't believe he STILL love snakes! I remember him being in what we considered a "stage" when I taught him in kindergarten :)! I guess he really has an interest ... Chase is such a wonderful little boy and I can't believe how "old" he look now. Time flies!!!

Amy C said...

Did anyone just hear that thunder?

mcjacobsjournal said...

Oh my! Snakes in the house! I hope it doesn't get any bigger than the size it is now!

And, it does sound like the ENT route will be good for Chase. Kendyll had her tonsils out a few months ago and she is a NEW child. It was tough for a few days, but well worth it for them to feel better! Keep us posted!