Thursday, June 22, 2006

Lila


Mark's grandmother passed away on Tuesday. She was 97 years old. Here is a picture of her holding Nate (I believe it was in September). I know that she is in Heaven with her husband whom she has not been with for 34 years. I loved Lila's laugh. She loved her family and enjoyed just being around them. Her family also loved her - what more could anyone ask for? She was one who loved good food. She also was one who spoke her mind. We have a lot of stories involving her speaking her mind :) I know that she loved Mark dearly. She gave him the diamond from her ring to give to me. They plotted together to have my ring made without anyone noticing that her diamond was gone (she replaced hers with a cubic zirconia). Mark has always loved her also and he has always felt loved by her. I will be forever grateful to her. Without her, there would have been no Ann. Without Ann, there would have been no Mark. What would my life be like without Mark and without my boys? She will be missed. Please say a prayer for Ann.

Mark is already in Abilene with Chase and Dylan. I will be joining him on Friday. The funeral will be on Saturday. When I told the boys that Great Gran had died, we talked about how we needed to pray for Grammy because her heart would be sad. Cade immediately folded his little hands together and said a little prayer for Grammy. So sweet. Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You made me cry, Jenna.
Yes, she spoke her mind - but we all loved her anyway. One thing that I loved most about her is that she never gave up. She was well in her 90s and was still very active.
She could have just stopped doing things (because she lived alone), but she chose not to. I hope that I am as active as she if I ever make it to 90!
God bless you Lila and "Welcome Home." I hope you are having a fantastic reunion with your Father and your husband.

Anonymous said...

Jenna, Mark and I just read this together. We both cried. You are so precious to both of us. The beauty of your sweet spirit surpasses the beauty of your sweet face and you are imparting that same sweet spirit to your boys.

As a geophysicist, my mother and dad moved frequently in the search of probable drilling sites for oil. After she moved to Abilene to be near her family, she had a dear friend who also loved to travel. They had several fantastic trips together, stateside and abroad.

As she was struggling in her last few minutes of life with me, I whispered "You are getting ready to take the most fantastic trip of your life, Mother." What joy she must be experiencing now!

I already miss her so....

Ann

Anonymous said...

Our thoughts and especially prayers are with you as you grieve together and we grieve with you. We pray that your sharing of your beautiful memories of Lila will give you strengh and comfort.

Anonymous said...

I am very sorry to hear about Mark's grandmother. That was a wonderful tribute to her life.

Amy C said...

That is really sweet. I loved the part about the ring, that is a really special treasure you are able to carry with you wherever you go to show how much she cared for you. I know you will all miss her.

Beth said...

Jenna, Mark We are sorry to hear about your loss. Our prayers are with you.