Saturday, May 27, 2006

Fun at the Farm

Playing Farm-opoly
Chase trying to save the baby kitten
My sweet niece, Lanae
Vacation has started for us. We stopped at the farm on the way to the mountains. The boys had fun playing Farm-opoly (the farm version of Monopoly). Dylan cleaned house! He was very happy to be the champion! The boys had a lot of fun playing with their cousins. There was a sad time. There are 3 different sets of kittens at the farm right now. One of the mommies is not taking very good care of her very little kittens (their eyes are not even open yet). The mommy kitty had 3 babies and 2 of them have already died. She has deserted the other one. Chase desparately wants to save the last one, but it seems highly unlikely. Chase tried to feed the baby some milk with a medicine dropper, but it did not work very well. I don't think the poor baby kitty will make it through the night. It is pitiful to hear it crying and to want to help it and to not be able to help it. Chase, with his very tender heart, is having a hard time with accepting the fact that this kitty probably won't make it. He wants us to bring the kitty with us on vacation and try to save it. He thinks we can bring it on hikes with us. He has been praying for the kitty. I wish we could save the kitty for him.

We leave in the morning for the mountains! The boys are very excited. It will be a fun adventure. Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

tamandscott said...

Have a great time, and be safe!

Amy C said...

Poor Chase. I too was an animal rescuer as a child. It is so sad. You all look like you are having fun on vacation. I still need to go "steal" your milk.

mcjacobsjournal said...

Oh, it is so fun to see pics of the farm! I miss getting to come there! Especially on the way to the mountains! What a fun trip for your family. Have a great time. Can't wait to see all the pictures when you get back. :)

Sarah P said...

So fun. We missed you last night at the Memorial Day luau across the street. Hope you're having fun!!

Anonymous said...

Yeah...what fun that must have been at the farm. Thank you so much for letting me know you decided to stay over until Sunday and hang out w/everyone. Everyone except me and W!!! We were done w/his work deal at 3:30 and no plans the rest of the day!!! I see where I stand...thanks a lot! You know I still love you anyway...just don't let it happen again! : ) Have a great vacation and call me when you get back. Love you!

Anonymous said...

Oooh! I can see that Chase takes after his Auntie Annette! Annette took everything she found and nursed them back to health. I remember bottle feeding rabbits one visit...How sweet!
Jane

Anonymous said...

Hi there Jenna and Mark and you Big Boys!! your making me feel old because your growing so so fast . Its ME UNCLE George =). Your mom gave the web page too my new lovely wife Rita last time we were up for a visit . And it took us awhile too get back too you . I hope some day you will send us a new pic of all of you in a e mail so i can get it on my screen saver. the pics or great bet dad Mark had something too do with it . Next time wont be so much rambling on =) LOV Yea Hope too see you all sometime soon ,