Saturday, May 13, 2006

Chase at Field Day



Friday was field day for the boys at school. They had a great time but I barely got to see them. Note to self - Do NOT sign up to volunteer next year because I will never be able to watch my kids at field day. Plus I was helping with face painting in the afternoon. I am not an artist. I did have kids asking for my cool snakes that they saw on other kids. Can you tell that I am a mom to boys? Nate was a trooper! He had a 10 minute morning nap and a 5 minute afternoon nap. He is such a happy baby. He even reached another milestone at field day. He waved bye-bye for the first time to some of the kids in Chase's class. He waves with his entire arm. He will do it for us now too and then he gets so proud of himself. It is very cute! My sweet, sweet boys.

2 comments:

tamandscott said...

Field Day...just the name makes me tired. We had ours on Friday, too. Our theme was "Dog Days of Summer," and we were "Shelton's Snoop Doggs." The kids wore do-rags (is that how you spell that?). Anyway, they had fun, but I can't say the same for myself...exhaustion is the only word that can describe it from a teacher's point of view!

Jacinda said...

How funny that you mentioned not volunteering because you'd never see your son. I just told my child's teacher last week that I didn't want to sign up to "officially" volunteer because I was afraid I'd get "stuck" at one station and miss out on watching my daughter participating. She totally agreed with me!