Sunday, May 14, 2006

The Best Mother's Day Ever


Chase and the snake that he wanted so badly (Daddy won it for him)
Sometimes the best presents are not material things. Those of you who know Mark understand that he is not the best about showing his appreciation for me on Mother's Day or on my birthday (translation - he is not very good about getting me a present or even a card). This year, he gave me the best present ever - a fun day with my precious boys. We went to early service this morning and then we went to Six Flags for the day. I know that Mark would have preferred to take a nap and rest this afternoon instead of dealing with the crowds (it was crowded) and the heat, but he wanted to give me my day. He is a wonderful husband. I had the very best day. Numerous times today I got hugs from my boys , "Happy Mother's Days" from my boys, and my personal favorite, "You are the best mommy in the whole world!". Sweet, sticky, smelly boys hugging my neck and my legs and telling me that they love me. Dylan overcoming his fear of the log ride (but not yet the Shock Wave) and actually enjoying the ride. Nate napping in my arms. Chase riding with me on the Shock Wave while trying his best to not acted scared. Cade snuggling up close to me in the bat car when it flew way up high. The best present in the world. My sweet, sweet family. Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Amy C said...

Those snake pics are cute. I love the nate bath pics too. Glad you had a happy mothers day. They are growing so fast. Can't wait for summer!

Danielle said...

I guess Chase is still into snakes... and I must say you are the best mom! What other mom would want to spend the day at six flags! I'm glad you had a fun day!

tamandscott said...

Great gift, Mark! I'm glad you had a great day.