Thursday, March 30, 2006

Sweet Nothings

Dylan opening some presents at the family birthday party
Some of Dylan's loot
Cade in the high chair
Ashley (neice), Chase, and Cade

Last weekend we went to Abilene. Chase and Dylan went to the deer lease with Mark and had a great time (with the exception of a mild sunburn). We got to spend some time with Mark's grandmother. She kept touching Nate and looking at him. He was very happy and cute while we were visiting her! When we left on Sunday, she said that she has a wonderful family. While we were still in Abilene, we had a family birthday party for Dylan on his actual birthday. He was so excited about all of his books. He is trying to decide which ones to read first. He also got some DS games, a beyblade, and a Star Wars Lego ship (he flies it around with the sound effects of course). His big party is Friday night! He is sooooo excited. Ashley is my neice and she is very cute and extremely sweet (gives me girl envy). She was being so nice to Cade and was playing Hide and Seek with him (you can guess how well a 4 year old plays Hide and Seek). It reminded me of when Uncle Jason used to play Hide and Seek with Chase when Chase was 3 or 4. Chase was the worst hider ever. He would either hide the exact same spot that Jason just hid in or he would tell you exactly where he was going to hide. We would laugh so hard at him. I hate how fast they grow up.

We have been having a few poop issues (aren't those always fun). Cade had a very mild GI bug. One morning he tried to make it to the potty but left me a present right next to the potty. Then he was kind enough to try to clean it up with toilet paper. He finally called me for help. You know you are a mom when cleaning poop off the floor, the child, the potty, and the wall does not phase you at all. After I got him all cleaned up, I picked Nate up and was loving on him when I felt the wetness on the back. Yes, my life is just full of poop at times! The favorite poop instance happened at my in-laws. We could not find Cade outside for a few minutes. The other boys found him and informed us that his pants were down and he had poop on his bottom. Yes, you guessed it - he dropped his drawers and pooped on the ground in the front yard of my in-laws house (so sorry, Charles and Ann). The moments that make a mommy proud!

Here are some random sweet nothings. Cade can be so incredibly sweet. He was really worn out at Six Flags but he wanted to go on the Mini Mine Train, until it was time to get on the ride. As I was taking him out of line, he held me tight, laid his head on my shoulder, and told me that I was the best mommy in the world. I love being his mommy! We were talking about body parts the other day. I was asking him what this part was and what that part was. We got to his chest and I asked him what it was, his answer - POLKA DOTS! So funny! He also crawled up in the high chair today which is very funny because he did not like it much as a baby. He always wanted to be at the table like his brothers. Tonight, Jenise and I took the boys to Disney on Ice - The Incredibles. The boys had a great time! They gave out bands with tiny lights on them. The band scared Cade to death. He finally put it on very briefly. After the performers talked about the band having powers, Cade would have nothing to do with that band. Beware the band! Ann (my mother-in-law) has been here this week in order to help me with my work. I am paying her, but Chase was not aware of that. With a very sad face, he told Grammy that it just seems to him that she is a slave! Funny boy!

1 comment:

tamandscott said...

The poop story is my favorite. I was hoping you'd blog about it!

Bryce calls his polka dots "moles."

Kids are too funny!