Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Happy Birthday to Our Joy!


Cade at age 2

















Cade as a baby - soooo cute
















Cade as a big boy!





















Cade with Mommy when he was a baby


I can't believe he is actually 4 years old today. Where has my baby gone? Cade brings so much joy into our lives. He truly makes us laugh so much, because sometimes you have to laugh to keep from crying. For example, yesterday I was in my room feeding Nate when Chase informed me that Cade was eating a waffle straight out of the freezer. What I discovered is that he also added syrup to said waffle. Syrup was also added in large amounts to the table, floor, and countertops. I cleaned it up, and Mark cleaned it up more later because he discovered more syrup. You have to laugh! Cade is a very unique child with a strong sense of adventure. He loves roller coasters, the Wiggles, Play-dough, music, his brothers, the color yellow, and dress up. He cannot stand it if someone sits in HIS seat or if he gets a drop of water on his shirt. Oh the distress he feels if things do not go exactly as he envisions them in his head. He is quiet and you think that he might not be absorbing things until weeks later he will make a statement and you realize that he is listening to every word and storing it all in his very interesting brain. I think he draws very well for his age (I admit I may be biased). He also makes up the cutest songs, most often about rocket ships. I cannot wait to see what he becomes. He is incredibly sweet to his baby brother. It really surprises me how loving he is to Nate. He talks to him and tries to play with him. He tries to carry him also when I am not watching (not a good thing to see). He will bring Nate a silky if Nate is upset. He talks in the absolutely sweetest voice to Nate. Cade also asks to snuggle with me. He wants to be in the same room as me. He loves riding on my back. He loves giving hugs and kisses. He loves playing rough with his Daddy. I love my sweet boy so! Happy Birthday sweet, sweet Cade!

1 comment:

tamandscott said...

Happy birthday, Cade! I love the waffle story:).