Thursday, March 23, 2006

Spring Break Fun!

Aunt Sheri and Lanae
Play-dough Fun!
Uncle Jason and Ben by the Elephants
Cade's actual birthday - He's 4!
Cousins at the Aquarium
Uncle Jared tickling us with his moustache


The boys had Spring Break last week and they had FUN! Jared and Sheri stayed from Monday until Thursday night. Jason and Kristen stayed at her parents and joined us for lots of fun things. On Tuesday, we went to the Dallas Aquarium. The boys were able to see a sloth up close and they were able to watch the otters playing. The highlight for Cade was seeing a starfish (super tiny but he found it!). That night we had a family party for Cade's birthday since it was his actual birthday. He was so excited to get more presents (spoiled rotten!). On Wednesday we all went to the zoo. Kristen's mom and sister joined us too. It was great to have the extra hands! It was very crowded but a lot of fun. We found out later that it was the highest attendance ever at the zoo, over 16,000! Watching some mothers "interact" with their children at the zoo made me want to hug my children very tight! On Thursday we went to an indoor bounce and activity house place near our house. Everybody loved it! Jared got a very good work out going through all of the activity houses with Lanae. She couldn't have been cuter! On Friday, I took the boys to Six Flags along with Chase's friend Colton. Mark joined us after he got off of work. Dylan was going to try the Shock Wave until we got there. Poor thing started crying (that will embarrass him someday). Of course we did not make him go on it! Now he is saying that he is going to go next time - I will believe that when I see it! Tragedy happened while we were there. Chase dropped his shark tooth necklace down a crack in line for a ride. He is devastated that it is gone. Now Mark has an ebay mission. Mark noticed lightning starting up so we packed up and left. It was perfect timing. By the time we were on the highway, it was pouring! Colton ended up spending the night. I told them to go to bed by 11 but they "forgot". No telling when they went to sleep. The boys were very lazy on Saturday (it was pouring). They needed to recoup! They had FUN! It was especially great to see all the cousins. I have to brag on Sheri a little bit. She really amazes me. Not only is she a wonderful person and great to talk to, but she is such a hard worker and so organized. She left my house cleaner than it was when she came. I don't know how she does it. I feel very blessed to have such wonderful sisters-in-law. I wish I could see them more often.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those pictures are SO cute!! I was so sad I had to miss out on all the fun. I really wish I could've been there with all of you. Glad you and the boys had such a great time. I think you and I need another Holiday in the Park this fall!!!

mcjacobsjournal said...

What a fun week with the kids and family! Those are all our favorite things to do, and I'm sure Jared and Sheri loved the visiting time too. It's such a blessing to have siblings and big families to hang out with, isn't it?! Such cute pictures too!