Thursday, October 16, 2008

Update on Dylan

See what happens when you put a suction cup on your forehead and sleep with it there all night!!

Dylan has been a very lucky boy lately. I have a credit card system for the boys (the bank of Mom). Dylan has a $20 credit limit and payment is due on the 1st. Dylan used his credit card, but could only make partial payment on the 1st. Since he made partial payment, he did not have to pay the late fee, but he did have to pay interest. Payment was coming due soon and Dylan did not have the funds. A brilliant solution come up. There was a school fundraiser. If you provided names to mail requests, then you could pull a lollipop and possibly win $$$! Dylan begged and pleaded with me to fill out the forms. Of course, I did it for him. Sorry to anyone who got a fundraiser request from Dylan or Cade ;) Most lollipops had no money, some had $1, some had $5, and only a couple had $20. Do you want to guess who pulled a $20 sucker!!!! Unfortunately for him, he did not receive the money until the 2nd, so he still had to pay more interest. I love that the debt was stressing him out! Hopefully he will never have credit card debt in the future. A few days later, Dylan won a backpack at school. You can hook up an ipod to the backpack and it plays on speakers. Dylan loves it. Lucky boy!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Sarah P said...

I LOVE that and am shamelessly going to steal your idea.

Lori said...

I'm totally going to steal this idea as well. What a wonderful way to teach early about the downside of debt. I hate the idea of our future children falling in to the credit trap!!

Devona said...

Great idea!! I wish my parents had done that for me when I was Dylan's age! Talk about a lucky boy, I bet he was so excited when he won that $20!

Holly Moulder said...

You are a genius!