Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Hawaii - Day Six and Seven

This was such a fun day. We went on a snorkeling/snuba trip. Snuba is a cross between snorkeling and scuba diving. You are connected to a tank of air that is floating on a raft. You are able to go down up to 25 feet. I loved it! We went to Turtle Town where we went snuba diving. Then, we went to Molikini crater where we snorkeled.







See how tan I got in Hawaii :)

One thing the guide told us was to not smile because then your mask would fill with water. Of course, someone points a camera at me, and I smile. I had a moment of true panic before I calmed down and fixed the problem. See all the bubbles around my face - I am actually panicking at this point. The rest of the time was great!





















We were both tired after this, so we headed back to the hotel. Mark took a nap in the room while I read a book by the pool. It was so nice. I would have sat on the beach, but I did not want to pay $40 to rent a chair and an umbrella for 1 day! Seriously!!!

This was the view from our table at dinner that night. Seconds after I took this picture, Kristen called me to let me know that Nate had just puked. Have I mentioned yet what a saint she is?!!!
The next day was our last day in Hawaii. Our flight left at 10:30 p.m., so we had all day. We were lazy that morning. We snorkeled some at the beach at our hotel - there was even a turtle there. We then drove around the other part of the island. It was really beautiful, and there were a lot of people surfing which was very fun to watch. We did not take any pictures this day. Mainly because it was raining on that part of the island. We had one last dinner with my parents, and then we headed to the airport. The flight was pretty miserable. I never can sleep much on a plane. I slept maybe 30 minutes in a 35 hour time frame. We were so very happy to see the boys. We did put them in bed early, because we needed to crash! We had the best time!! I am so grateful that we were able to go.










2 comments:

Devona said...

I am so sorry, because I truly envy anyone who can snorkel, scuba dive or even swim underwater, but I just had to laugh at your story about smiling while having your picture taken underwater!

See-Dub said...

I LOVE all your pictures! So glad y'all had such a good trip.