Sunday, October 19, 2008

Hawaii - Day Two (Warning - Many, Many Pictures)

The next day we took a snorkel boat trip up the Na Pali coast with Brad, Charlotte, Brad's parents, and our nephews. Can I just say that it was killing my boys that we were in Hawaii with their cousins!! Chase called us 5 times on this day!!! The Na Pali coast was breathtakingly beautiful. It has to be one of the most beautiful places in the world. We had a great time!
My nephews, Lee and Trent
Brad, Charlotte, Drew, and me

The crew on the boat was (or is it were) super nice. The food was decent, too.
Trent





Sugar Mill

We saw so many dolphins, mostly spinner but also some bottlenose.









Charlotte and Trent
The "Forbidden Island". Only full-blooded Hawaiians are allowed to live there. They live there like the original Hawaiians, with no electricity or roads.


Brad and Lee












These bottlenose dolphins were playing with the boat. They would swim along, and they would try to squirt us with water. Such amazing creatures.












Drew, Brad's dad (Bob), Trent, and Brad

Bob and Brad about to snorkel
Mark and I
Mark feeding the fish

Lee and Charlotte
Lee thought it would be fun to feed the fish too, except for the fact that he held onto the bread, and the fish bit him!!

More chicken pictures

We saw the spouting horn this day


Charlotte and Brad's hotel was much nicer than ours, so we hung out there some. We went to bed early this night. We were tired, and we had taken medication so that we would not get sick on the boat. I don't know if I would take the medicine again - I didn't get sick, but I felt like a zombie after I was off the boat.

The beach at Brad and Charlotte's hotel
Picture of the dolphins that I sent to the boys from my phone

Drew is smiling, but he is really about to throw up. Luckily, he survived with no puking!! There were plenty of people who were not so lucky.


3 comments:

Devona said...

What an exciting trip!! You have such wonderful family to help out like that. Looks like you had a lot of fun that I'm sure the boys wish they could've enjoyed too! You take the best pictures and I love reading about your adventures!

Lori said...

Makes me want to go, gorgeous pictures, sounds like you had a great time!

Jennifer said...

I'm sooo jealous! We went there on our honeymoon and it was the most beautiful place ever! We too had a hard time getting used to all the chickens. Really weird! Glad you both got away and had some alone time! Yea!!