Sunday, October 19, 2008

Hawaii - Day One

I have wanted to go to Hawaii since I was in high school, which was an eternity ago. Since Mark and I had not taken a trip together since 2000, we decided that it was time. I worked really hard to save up my Southwest flight vouchers. I finally had the 4 vouchers necessary to fly to Hawaii on their partner airline, ATA. Just a few days later, ATA went out of business!!! It looked like my Hawaii trip was in jeopardy! Fortunately, we have a very generous brother-in-law who works for an airline. This wonderful brother-in-law gave us the tickets to go, first class too!! After tricking, I mean, asking my saintly sister-in-law to keep the boys; we were good to go. It came time to leave, and I still could not believe that we were actually going - without the boys! We had a fabulous, wonderful, terrific time. We both loved it! After a long day of traveling, we arrived in Kauai. Our first impression was that there were so many chickens there. Everywhere we went, there were chickens. You would hear roosters crowing throughout the day and everywhere that you went. We joked that you couldn't starve there, because there would always be a chicken available for roasting! By a fluke of scheduling, we were in Kauai the same time as the same wonderful brother-in-law and his family. We ate dinner with them. It was good, but it was very slow service. We were exhausted by the time that we went to sleep. With the 5 hour time difference, it felt like 3:30 a.m. to us. For me, this followed a week of numerous 3 to 4 a.m. nights involving trying to finish up work. Tired!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: