Friday, October 24, 2008

Hawaii - Day Four

Blogger is shifting my pictures all around, oh well. Day 4 was our last day on Kauai. We had a noon flight to Maui, so we only had a little time in Kauai that morning. Charlotte and Brad had left the night before. Mark and I drove around to the other side of the island. It was so beautiful. We really wished that we had more time there. There were so many things that we wanted to do and did not get to do.
One of the many caves. The water freaked me out a bit - it did not move. There was a layer of dust on top of the water.


Everything about this island was so beautiful






I found the sand on the beaches to be so interesting. The texture and composition was so interesting to me.


Here is our view from our hotel room in Maui. We did the cheaper hotel on Kauai, and the more expensive hotel on Maui. It was very nice.



That night we went to a luau. Mark did not mind going because he had some interest in the coconuts ;)

You did not think that we were going to be by ourselves in Hawaii, did you? My parents by a fluke ended up being in Maui the same time that we were. They decided to stay at the same hotel. We went to the luau together, but they set us at tables next to each other. It did make me laugh that our vacation alone ended up being surrounded by family. I truly did not mind.

They were unearthing the pig. I couldn't see it; I was just holding up the camera and snapping like crazy.

For some reason, Mark took several of these pictures.


Mark took this picture so that I could not tease him about all the others that he was taking - didn't work :) I really liked the luau. I even did something that I never thought that I would - I ate raw fish. I even ate more than one bite! The boys grossed out when I told them about that.


1 comment:

Beth said...

WOW! I think that I see you in the picture of the hula girls and their coconut bakkini. I love the pictures of the church and the rainbow. I have never seen such beautiful pictures of Hawaii. That was a great oppoutunity!