Sunday, October 19, 2008

Ben and Hannah Visit

My brother and his wife were able to attend her brother's wedding in St. Thomas. This worked well for me because I was able to keep their 2 oldest kids. Normally when they visit, they stay with her parents who live nearby, so I don't get to spend as much time with Ben and Hannah as I would like to spend with them. Hannah was not as thrilled with the arrangement :) They arrived late on Wednesday night. On Thursday, we went to the zoo with some friends. We had a good day.
Not many smiles from Hannah on this day - she was missing her mom and dad. The first night she was with us, she cried from 1 a.m. until 3 a.m. for her daddy. I guess we all know who the softy is! Poor girl.

Does this count as a smile?
They finally fixed the fish smell in the penguin house! So much better.



The coach is always entertaining.
Still not smiling



Everyone smile!

Look! We saw Santa.


The tiger cubs were super cute! It was fun watching them play


Brotherly love

Nate loves these phones throughout the zoo
Thursday night I took Hannah to the grocery store with me. I knew that she normally stayed up later than my kids - I guess that the stress got to her, because she did not last.
Going, going, GONE!
On Friday afternoon, we played at the playscape at Nate's school. We also went to Fright Fest at Six Flags that night. I would love to show you some pictures of that, but Nate managed to set the passcode on my phone which meant I had to restore it which meant the pictures that I took were lost :( I only have the playscape one because I emailed it to Kristen. Gotta love that Nate. On Monday, we went to a jump place. The kids loved that. I would love to show a picture or 2, but they met the fate of Nate. Jason and Kristen arrived home late Monday night, just in time for Mark and I to leave for our trip. Kristen, the saint, stayed with our boys for a week. She had 7 kids for a week!! It was even a week where the boys had a Monday off. Have I mentioned that Kristen is a saint?
We really enjoyed having Ben and Hannah. I hope we can do it again soon, but I suspect that we still rank below the grandparents :)





1 comment:

Holly Moulder said...

Y'all are blessed! :)