Friday, February 02, 2007

An Ode to Laundry

I woke up this morning and what did I see?
Lovely piles of laundry beckoning me.
There are socks in the bathroom and jeans on the floor
And stinky items that boys just wore.
I wade through the piles that seem to be grow higher
And enter the room with my washer and dryer
Large capacity angels, they have an overwhelming job
To clean all the clothes for my sweet mob.
Dirty clothes go in and clean clothes appear.
Does that mean the end of the job is near?
I look around and what do I behold?
Piles of laundry for me to fold!
I'd like to say that they don't stay there long
But that would be very, very wrong.
They stay on my couch, they're always right there
Need some socks? Go dig out a pair.
Eventually they are folded and put away
Although it rarely happens all in the same day
Let's hear a cheer - my laundry's complete!
For a family this big, that is quite a feat!
I crawl into bed and dream sweet things
About the fresh joys that a new day brings.
I woke up this morning and what did I see?
Lovely piles of laundry beckoning me.

5 comments:

Beth said...

WOW... are you a poet? This poem is so true. I will say that Mark seems to get all of our laundry finished and put away in a day. I don't know how he does it. I HATE laundry.

See-Dub said...

Pure greatness, Jenna! My favorite line:
"Need some socks? Go dig out a pair."

Just yesterday Ryan was digging in a laundry basket, looking for socks. He couldn't find any because for the first time in a LONG time, I'd put them in his drawer!

Sarah P said...

LOVE IT!

Amy C said...

AMAZING! Who knew you were sooo talented. That was great! I love it. It reminds me of the piles I have for tomorrow. Praise the Lord for "high capacity angels!"

Devona said...

That was the story of my life!! I had to laugh out loud about the socks and digging out a pair. I always leave the socks in the clothes basket because I HATE doing them!! Wonderful wonderful poem, Jenna!