Monday, February 13, 2006

Helping Build a Family

February 13, 2005

Today I was able to help build a family. An adoptive family that I have worked with has had a very rough road. They had a precious baby girl in their home for 5 months and then had to return her to her birthmother. They were matched with a birthmother and then discovered that she was probably scamming them. I was unaware that they were no longer working with a birthmother until this morning. An agency contacted me Friday because they were searching for a family for a baby. Sunday night (actually early Monday morning), the adoptive mom was in bed and felt a strong urge to email me right then and let me know about the failed match. Monday morning I saw the email and immediately called them about this baby. After contacting the agency and a quick trip to their home for a home study update the family traveled to the hospital and picked up their baby!!! What a day for them! It makes me happy to help people become parents.

No comments: