Monday, May 19, 2008

How Was Your Sunday?

I was working in Houston yesterday. I had a decent morning flight, translation - not too early. I was reflecting on how fortunate it is that there are so many little pleasures in life. Like the night that I missed my exit and had to go the long way home, only to be treated to a wonderful fireworks display (I love fireworks). Or the bunny rabbit right next to the runway, what was it doing there? I was thinking about how fortunate I am to have the job that I have. I would rather not work, but at least I get to do something that I am passionate about. I also have a super flexible schedule, and I meet the most fascinating people. I was thinking about all of this, when Mark called. Dylan was complaining of a headache and had a fever. For Dylan, this almost always means that he has strep throat. I called to check on him a few times, and he still had a high fever even with Motrin. He even took a long nap!! I got home about 7:30. I took Dylan to the urgent care center and the strep throat was confirmed. We then went to fill his prescription. The wait was long. Dylan was not feeling well. I gave him a dose of Motrin, which he promptly threw up - IN MY CAR! So, we head inside the CVS, wash and buy cleaning supplies. I cleaned up the puke in the dark parking lot - so much fun!!!! You should have seen the look on the guy's face who parked next to us when he came to get in his car and I was cleaning up puke right next to the driver's side. My poor Dylan.

So, did anyone else have a better Sunday?

No comments: