Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Prayers Needed

Jill Fooks died early this morning from breast cancer. I had a lot of respect and admiration for Jill. She had battled her cancer for many years, yet she continued to have a positive outlook on life. She was always kind and had a smile on her face. She had 3 very young children at the time of her diagnosis, and her marriage ended quickly after her battle with cancer began. She was so very dedicated to her children. Her children are very close in age to each other, the middle one is Chase's age. Her children are polite, kind, and intelligent. She has done a beautiful job with them. Jill's mom lost her long-term battle with breast cancer just this last Thanksgiving. Jill and her family had no bitterness about her mother's death, they rejoiced in the fact that she lived many, many years past the prognosis. They rejoiced in the fact that she was in Heaven. Jill continued to smile. I wish that I could have known Jill better, she did not have a lot of time to cultivate friendships. She was working, taking care of her kids, and fighting a disease. She was amazing. Please pray for her family.

Another friend of ours needs your prayers. Amy is the one in the brown shirt next to me. She was experiencing some side pain and the cause ended up being colon cancer. She had surgery on Friday and will begin chemo soon. She and her husband have 6-year-old twins and a 3-year-old. She is a great person; fun, spiritual, strong, and hard-working. She is already focusing on the blessings. I know that she will beat this. Please pray for her healing and for her family.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Krista said...

Hey Jenna! I'm SO behind on bloggin' . . . I was just catching up on yours and read about Amy! Bret and I had not heard! We will definitely be raising her up in prayer! We don't have her most recent address; do you? If so, would you mind emailing it to me when you get a chance? Thanks, girl! BTW, SO GREAT to see the CBH picture . . . brings back SO many wonderful memories!! =) Sounds like you all are doing well! ~ Krista

Stacey said...

I know these are such hard things to write about, but thank you for sharing. I will keep them in my prayers.