Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Loot and DST

The boys did very well with their candy selling. They had 13 lbs. so the dentist gave them $13. The dentist sends the candy to soldiers so everybody wins! I put in an extra $2 so all the boys got $5. They were excited. Halloween still has an evil aspect to it - any holiday that causes so much candy to be sitting around just begging me to eat it is evil :)

Can I tell you how much I love it when the time changes in the fall? The days before the time change are miserable for me. I don't like having to drag the boys (and myself) out of bed in the morning. It feels so good to have an "extra" hour of sleep. That first morning is pure bliss. The goodness keeps coming. The boys are willing to go to bed on time or even a little earlier since they are used to going to bed at that "time" anyway. I love how much easier it is to get ready in the morning. All of a sudden we are on time to things!! The "extra hour" effect always wears off, but I really, really enjoy it while it lasts!

3 comments:

Stacey said...

totally the same with us! i love this time-i can usually get a couple of months of earlier bedtimes out of it. we have had bad luck with sleeping later though-luke was up at 5 yesterday and 4:30 today!!! i need to balance something!

got the lion all clean and shiny whenever we can meet up!

Krista said...

Same with us too; I love this time of year for many reasons!! It was SO good to hear from Jenise; it's been SO long! I was supposed to go to her wedding shower with Marilyn a couple years back but my sweet Beau ended up sick at the time! Well, better run . . . November is always my month to host bunko . . . I've got to get several things done! Later ~

Kristen OQ said...

Can I ask the name of your dentist? We have tried one in town, but I am always looking for good recommendations and this dentist sounds like a good one -- I would love a reason to get rid of the candy in our house!

Sounds like the boys had fun trick-or-treating!