Saturday, November 17, 2007

Beauty and the Beast

I have felt a little restless and stressed lately. Am I doing what I need to be doing? How can I make changes with my work and with my life so that things are not so stressed and crazy? I have been praying for direction but I am not finding an answer. I drove towards Texarkana last weekend with chaos in my soul. As I was driving, the beauty of Fall affected me. The trees lined the rural road I was on. A beautiful mist mingled in between the trees. The mix of green and yellow leaves with an occasional splash of red was beautiful. Peace in my soul was restored. I arrived home and the boys were peaceful. Nate was taking a nap and the other boys were enjoying some quiet time. How nice! Mark left to run an errand and then the beast reared its ugly head in the form of a stomach bug! Nate woke up and he was covered in vomit. He had thrown up in his bed and then it seemed as if he had slept on it! Good times!

6 comments:

Beth said...

That nasty beast! He came to our house as well. Ethan and I were getting ready to go have lunch with Ashton and as Ethan was getting ready.... up came his pudding he had just eaten..... NICE!!!! Amy to the rescue!!! I called Amy and she filled in for me at lunch.

See-Dub said...

I've been questioning my career path lately, so I can empathize with that restlessness. I'll be praying for us--and for that stomach bug to go away!

Stacey said...

ugh!

pray that it does not travel to everyone else!

Amy C said...

Yikes. Not pretty. I hope it doesn't spoil any turkey day plans. I will be praying for your career path as well. Happy Holidays!

PB said...

Oh,that beast! That beast! That horrible beast! I hope he gets well soon without making the others sick.

Nicole said...

I remember a trip Terry and I took through east Texas at this time of year and how much we enjoyed the fall colors. We kept stopping to take pictures...it is definitely amazing to witness the beauty and who is in control of making it beautiful!

I just read your random things blog and eating sunflower seeds in the shell is definitely random! Actually, I can't wrap my head around that and I can't imagine how that would feel in my mouth. Too Funny!

Hope you are all feeling well for Thanksgiving!