Saturday, July 07, 2007

Vacations, Vacations, Vacations!

The boys and I have been making back to back to back trips. We came home from Phoenix on a Saturday and I had to fly to Corpus Christi the next day for work. On Monday, we drove to Abilene to spend time with Mark's family. I also had an appointment so that worked out well for me. On Thursday, we left Abilene and I drove to the airport in Dallas where Chase, Dylan, and Nate met Mimi and went to the farm. Cade and I went home where Cade got some special Mommy and Daddy time. He really, really, really missed his bubbas! On Friday, I left to spend the weekend with some of my friends from college. On Sunday, Cade and I drove to the farm. Mark joined us on Tuesday evening and most of us came home last night. Nate is staying for a few days. He will fly home when Niecey flies in on Tuesday night. I didn't really plan back to back to back trips, it just worked out that way. It has actually been wonderful because I didn't have to unpack and repack. I would just keep the clothes washed and the boys were ready for the next adventure. Also, since it has been raining almost constantly in the metroplex, I haven't had to deal with stir crazy boys. We would have just been stuck at home for the most part.

Of course, I have a ton of pictures to post. We will see how long it takes me to get all of this done. Here are some pictures from our visit to the Abilene zoo.




This peacock was so pretty and he was just strutting around.

He did not seem to mind when the kids got close to him.

A pretty girl peacock walks by and look what happens

He tried so hard to impress the girl, but she was NOT impressed and just walked away. He shook his feathers and strutted around. All of this led to a discussion with Chase and Dylan about animal mating and then about human mating - good times!


My niece, Ashley, really wanted Nate to get close to the peacock but he was not so sure about it.



The best part of the Abilene zoo - feeding the giraffes!!











Chase trying to get the elephant to raise her trunk - she would mimic them.


What fun, ducks to chase!!!


I am having so much fun chasing these ducks!!!

Falling down is not as much fun :-(

I really don't like messes on my hands!


Grammy fixed me up good!


Here Nate is eating the crackers that are meant for the animals. He didn't really like them, but he kept eating them anyway.

Cade wanted to take this picture because of the leopard on his shirt.
Here we are feeding Nate to the lions!!!!!
Annette feeding the buffaloes
Nate and Grammy looking at the buffaloes.



The ducks and the fish fighting for food - yuck!


I love it when he runs like this!!




Nate and Grammy counting steps - Nate often skips the number 6





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a neat looking, hands-on zoo! you and the boys have been quite the jet setters this summer!

Beth said...

Wow, I can't believe go can feed the animals at that zoo. That is great! We sure miss you guys and please let us know when you are ready to get together... that is after your world travel is finished. Yes, I am a little stir crazy!