Monday, July 23, 2007

Having Fun at the Beach

The boys and I were able to go on a wonderful adventure to South Padre with my friend, Amy. Amy has written an excellent wrap-up of our adventure which you can read here. In spite of all the challenges we faced, we really did have a great time.

This was Nate's first time to see the ocean. Cade was little the last time we went to the beach so he did not really remember it either.

Nate is getting his toes in the ocean - not quite sure if he likes it.

He doesn't like it!! I think he did not like the feeling of the sand being washed away under his feet. He loved, loved, loved me holding him and dipping him in the waves. He would say, "Nother one, nother one, big one, big one, wow". He would come and grab me and want to go back out in the water. He wore me out!

Blake with his blue hair - it was quickly washed away.

The boys really loved playing in the sand.

The crew. Nate was not in the mood to have his picture taken.

All the kids had to pretend that they were being eaten by the shark!! Except for Nate.









Not happy! Of course, he did have some sunscreen in his eyes.


See how happy Nate is!

Dirty boy!

We were so glad to see Blake again after he was missing for an hour!

Dylan was buried in the sand and made into a mermaid. Nate did not like his brother in the sand. The boys were trying to give Dylan a girl chest, but they were uncomfortable with building the chest area so Amy had to come to the rescue.




Cade loved the beach and the ocean!! All of the kids were so good and so happy.














Here is our car being towed out of the sand. You can read all about it on Amy's blog.

6 comments:

Jacinda said...

Thanks for the Lactinex advice! We've been trying Acidophilus and now we'll try the Lactinex. Hubby just went to get it. They really are getting better but not 100% so I'm hoping this will help!!!!! Thanks!!!!!

Amy C said...

Love, love, love those pictures. I forgot about the blue hair. Sure didn't last long! What a great trip. Thanks for the free press. I like how you wrote between photos. I am still learning the ropes! Thanks for the tips.

Jennifer said...

These pictures are great. Looks like you had a blast. I love the sandy toe pictures!

Unknown said...

You guys are nutty! What a fun and crazy weekend and I'm so glad everything turned out well!

Anonymous said...

i am going to have get your tips on traveling with kids! you sure have had many adventures this summer!

PB said...

How fun! I am really wanting to get to the beach now. I love Nate's reaction to the sand between his toes.