Monday, January 08, 2007

Nate Update

Posted by Picasa
Every year our deductible resets on January 1st. Last year, we made it to January 1st before we had to go to the doctor and pay for almost the entire visit in order to meet our deductible (Cade's broken arm). This year, we made it all the way to the 4th before we had to make that dreaded first of the year expensive doctor visit. Nate's nose was not clearing up so I was afraid that he had a sinus infection so I took him in. He had a nasty spot under his nose which I thought was from our wiping his nose so often. He had a few spots on his face that I attributed to irritation from his nose. I was wrong, wrong , wrong. He didn't have a sinus infection but he did have impetigo (a very contagious skin infection often caused by the strep virus). I found this out after I had taken him to preschool the day before and the gym that morning. I felt bad about that. Now that Nate has been on antibiotics, he is much better. I still think he had a sinus infection because it cleared up nicely after starting the antibiotics. I could be very wrong about that because I am obviously not a medical expert. Nate is now 22 pounds. Still a peanut!

Since Nate was contagious, I couldn't send him to preschool on Friday. I am starting him 2 days a week so that I can hopefully get a better handle on my work load. I had an adoptive parent phone interview scheduled for Friday morning. They wanted to continue with the interview even with some background noise and interruptions. Unfortunately, I had to go to quiet rooms some of the time because they had me on speaker phone so it was hard to hear. Things would get to quiet in the living room so I would go check and Nate and I would always find TROUBLE! The best was when he had opened the dishwasher in order to climb on it and retrieve the powdered donuts from the counter top. He was shoving them in his mouth and spreading powder sugar mess all around the house! He has also learned how to climb on top of the table. He loves playing in the trash so now the trash can is sitting on the counter. He is into everything and wearing me out! Such a cutie!

Today I had to go have some papers notarized and sent by FedEx. The bank I normally go to looked very busy so I went to the bank at Albertsons so that I could grab a few groceries at the same time. Nate LOVED the car cart. He drove all over the store without a complaint. It came time to leave and I asked Chase to get him out of the cart while I unloaded the groceries. Chase would reach for him and Nate would scoot to the opposite side. Chase would go around to the other side and Nate would scoot away again. He did NOT want to leave that car cart. I finally got him out and he was mad, mad, mad!!! We loaded up a drove a few stores down to the FedEx place. Nate liked that because there were toys there. He did not like having to leave. He threw a fit like I have never seen. He was screaming! It was a pleasant ride home. He would scream and scream and scream and then pause for a quick singing of We Will Rock You! We got home and he was happy for a minute. He then proceeded to throw another fit - no idea why - so I proceeded to go put him in his crib for a while. He only had a short nap today so I thought that he might be tired. He screamed for a little bit and then things got quiet. I went in to check on him and the above picture is what I found. He fell asleep sitting up!!! Stinkpot!

Chase and Dylan had appointments with the growth doctor today. Chase continues to grow well! They upped his dose a little. He is now 51 1/4 inches tall!! He is in the 21st percentile now. I can't believe it!! Even though Dylan's growth is slower than normal, the doctor feels that he is just a late bloomer because his growth factors look good. They want to continue to monitor him but he does not have to go back until next year. We were talking about Dylan hitting puberty later than his peers so Dylan wanted to know what puberty was. The doctor told him that it just meant that he would be lovable longer! Dylan is now 46 inches tall. Cade HAD to be measured too! He is 43 inches tall!! It is funny that we actually have a kid who is a little bit above average in height! No growth doctor for him!

Look at that, my blog is actually caught up.

7 comments:

Amy C said...

That is soooo funny. We will have to play soon and teach Michael so they can sing together. The picture of him sitting up sleeping is classic.

tamandscott said...

The WEEK Brayden was born, Bryce has pink eye, croup, and impetiago. So, we were doing eye drops, breathing treatments every three hours, and bleach baths on top of dealing with a newborn. It was fun.

Jenna said...

OH MY!!!

Kristen OQ said...

We worked on meeting our deductible the first week of January too with Seth's surgery -- these little boys!

I had never heard of impetigo before either! Poor kiddo!

Nicole said...

Isn't it funny how kids have figured out that when you're on the phone you are less likely to stop them from trying out all their tricks? Emma used to either climb on the counter, dive off the couch or walk around with the "popper". You know, that annoying toy that pops balls in the little globe making the loudest noise? Nice.

Beth said...

This picture is adorable.!

Jacinda said...

Gracie had impetigo over the holidays! Not fun stuff!